- Arao T, Kawasaki A, Baba K, Mori S, Matsumoto S. Effects of water management on cadmium and arsenic accumulation and dimethylarsinic acid concentrations in Japanese rice. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2009; 43:9361–9367. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Chen CJ, Wang SL, Chiou JM, Tseng CH, Chiou HY, Hsueh YM, Chen SY, Wu MM, Lai MS. Arsenic and diabetes and hypertension in human populations: A review. Toxicol Appl Pharm 2007; 222:298–304. [CrossRef]
- Gee GW, Bauder JW. Particle-size analysis. In: Klute A, editor. Methods of soil analysis, Part 2, 2nd ed. Madison, WI, USA: ASA and SSSA, 1986. p. 384–411.
- Hsu WM, Hsi HC, Huang YT, Liao CS, Hseu ZY. Partitioning of arsenic in soil-crop systems irrigated using groundwater: A case study of rice paddy soils in southwestern Taiwan. Chemosphere 2012; 86:606–613. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McKeague JA, Day JH. Dithionite- and oxalate-extractable Fe and Al as aids in differentiating various classes of soils. Can J Soil Sci 1966; 46:13–22. [CrossRef]
- Meharg AA, Rahman MM. Arsenic contamination of Bangladesh paddy field soils: Implication for rice contribution to arsenic consumption. Environ Sci Technol 2003; 37:229–234. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mehra OP, Jackson ML. Iron oxides removal from soils and clays by a dithionite-citrate system buffered with sodium bicarbonate. Clays Clay Miner 1960; 7:317–327. [CrossRef]
- Norton GJ, Islam MR, Duan GL, Lei M, Zhu YG, Deacon CM, Moran AC, Islam S, Zhao FJ, Stroud JL, McGrath SP, Feldmann J, Price AH, and Meharg AA. Arsenic shoot-grain relationships in field grown rice cultivars. Environ Sci Technol 2010; 44:1471–1477. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Peng SB, Bouman B, Visperas RA, Castaneda A, Nie LX, Park HK. Comparison between aerobic and flooded rice in the tropics: Agronomic performance in an eight-season experiment. Field Crop Res 2006; 96:252–259. [CrossRef]
- Somenahally AC, Hollister EB, Yan WG, Gentry TJ, Loeppert RH. Water management impacts on arsenic speciation and iron-reducing bacteria in contrasting rice-rhizosphere compartments. Environ Sci Technol 2011; 45:8328–8335. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Su SW, Chen ZS. Impacts of arsenic contaminated soils on agroecosystem in Guandu plain, Taipei: assessment by As fractionation. Proceedings of 14th International Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment (14th ICHMET). November 16–23, 2008; pp. 93–96. National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Thomas GW. Soil pH and soil acidity. In: Sparks DL et al. (editors). Methods of soil analysis, Part 3. Madison, WI, USA: ASA and SSSA, 1996, pp.475–490.
- Walkley A, Black IA. An examination of different methods for determining soil organic carbon matter and a proposed modification of the chromic acid titration method. Soil Sci 1934; 37:29–38. [CrossRef]
- Xu XY, McGrath SP, Meharg AA, Zhao FJ. Growing rice aerobically markedly decreases arsenic accumulation. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2008; 42 (15): 5574–5579. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Yamaguchi N, Nakamura T, Dong D, Takahashi Y, Amachi S, Makino T. Arsenic release from flooded paddy soils is influenced by speciation, Eh, pH, and iron dissolution. Chemosphere 2011; 83:925–932. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
E3S Web of Conferences
Volume 1, 2013Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Section||Heavy Metals in Crops and Foods II: Terrestrial Pathways|
|Published online||23 April 2013|