- Adelekan BA, Abegunde KD. Heavy metals contamination of soil and groundwater at automobile mechanic villages in Ibadan, Nigeria International Journal of the Physical Sciences 2011; 6(5): 1045–1058.
- Allen SE. Grimshow H, Parkinson JA, Quarmby C. Chemical Analysis of Ecological Materials, (Oxford, London, 1974), p.565.
- Osio V. Lead pollution due to vehicular emissions in urban areas in the Philippines. Soil and Environment. Soil and its relation to environment, agriculture, global warming, and human health (2009).
- Bala M1, Shehu RA, Lawal M. Determination of the level of some heavy metals in water collected from two pollution –prone irrigation areas around Kano metropolis. Bayero Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, (2008); 1(1): 36–38.
- Blacksmith Institute’s report. World’s Worst Pollution Problems Report Top Six Toxic Threats. Produced in collaboration with Green Cross Switzerland (2010); p.76.
- Ekwumemgbo PA. Bioaccumulation of Nickel in Soil and Plant Samples along a rail route. African Journal of Natural Science (2005); (8): 69–74.
- Ekwumemgbo PA. Audu PA. Chromium and Zinc concentrations in agricultural soils. Biological and Environmental Science Journal for Tropics (2006); 3(4): 1–3.
- Järup L. Hazards of heavy metal contamination. Br. Medical Bulletin (2003); 68 (1): 167–182. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lanphear BP, Hornung R, Ho M, Howard CR, Eberle S, Knauf K.Environmental lead exposure during early childhood. J Pediatr 2002;140:40 –47. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lenntech WT. Chemical Properties, Health and Environmental Effects of Copper Lenntech Water Treatment and Purification (2009) www.lenntech.com /periodic/elements/cu.htm.
- Shantha M, Kenneth DR, Terry S. Lead in soil: Recommended maximum permissible levels Environmental Research (2005); 49(1): 136–142.
- Shinn NJ, Bing-Canar J, Cailas M, Peneff N, Binns HJ. Determination of spatial continuity of oil lead levels in an urban residential neighbourhood. Environmental Resources (2000); 81: 1–7.
- Sobolev D, Begonia MFT. Effects of Heavy Metal Contamination upon Soil Microbes: Lead-induced Changes in General and Denitrifying Microbial Communities as Evidenced by Molecular Markers. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, (2008); 5(5): 451. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- United States Department of Agriculture, (USDA). Heavy Metals Contamination, Soil Quality Urban Technical Note 3, Natural Resources Conservation Service. (2000).
- Vasudevan DM, Streekumari S. Biochemical aspect of environmental pollution Textbook of Biochemistry for Medical Students. 2nd ed. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, Ltd, New Delhi, India (2000); p.485–467.
E3S Web of Conferences
Volume 1, 2013Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Section||Biomonitoring / Exposure III|
|Published online||23 April 2013|