- USACE, Institute for Water Resources (2010). Exploration of Tolerable Risk Guidelines for the USACE Levee Safety Program. IWR Workshop Proceedings, Washington, DC.
- Needham J T, Seda-Sanabria Y, Bowles D S (2010). Consequence Estimation for Critical Infrastructure Risk Management. Proceedings of US Society on Dams Conference, Sacramento, California, USA.
- US Bureau of Reclamation and US Army Corps of Engineers (2015). Best Practices in Dam and Levee Safety Risk Analysis. Accessed at www.usbr.gov/ssle/damsafety/risk/methodology.html
- Morris M W, Hassan M A A M, Wahl T L, Tejral R D, Hanson G J, Temple D M (2012). Evaluation and Development of Physically-Based Embankment Breach Models. Report of the Dam Safety Interest Group for CEATI International.
- ASCE/EWRI Task Committee on Dam/Levee Breaching, Weiming Wu, Chairman (2011). Earthen Embankment Breaching. J of Hydraulic Engineering, 137, 1549–1564. [CrossRef]
- Kakinuma T and Yasuyuki S (2014). Large-Scale Experiment and Numerical Modeling of a Riverine Levee Breach. J of Hydraulic Engineering, accessed online, ISSN: 0733-9429/04014039(9).
- Brunner G W (2015). HEC-RAS River Analysis System Hydraulic Reference Manual. US Army Corps of Engineers Software Documentation for HEC-RAS 5.0. CPD 69.
- Hanson G J, Temple D M, Morris M, Hassan M, Cook K (2005). Simplified Breach Analysis Model for Homogeneous Embankments: Part II, Parameter Inputs and Variable Scale Model Comparisons. Proceedings of US Society on Dams Conference, Technologies to Enhance Dam Safety and the Environment, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 163-174.
- Wu W (2015). Introduction to DL Breach – A Simplified Physically-Based Dam/Levee Breach Model (Draft). Clarkson University, 2015.7
- Wu W (2013). Simplified Physically Based Model of Earthen Embankment Breaching. J of Hydraulic Engineering, 139(8), 837–851. [CrossRef]
- Visser P J (1998) Breach Growth in Sand-Dikes. Dissertation for Doctorate at Technical University of Delft, the Netherlands.
- Zhu Y (2006) Breach Growth in Clay-Dikes. Dissertation for Doctorate at Technical University of Delft, the Netherlands.
- Hassan M A A M and Morris M W (2008). HR BREACH Help File, HR Wallingford, v1.1.
- Hanson G J, Temple D M, Hunt S L, Tejral R D (2011). Development and Characterization of Soil Material Parameters for Embankment Breach. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 27(4), 587–595. [CrossRef]
- USDA-ARS (2011). WinDAM B Dam Overtopping Model, Software Documentation for WinDAM B, V1.0.0.
- Visser K, Tejral R D, and Neilsen M L (2015). WinDAM C Earthen Embankment Internal Erosion Analysis Software. Proceedings of the 3rd Interagency Conference on Sedimentation and Hydrologic Modeling, Reno, Nevada, USA.
- Wu W (2016). Personal Communication with Author.
- Wahl T L (2004). Uncertainty of Predictions of Embankment Dam Breach Parameters. J of Hydraulic Engineering, 130(5), 389–397. [CrossRef]
- Long R (2016). Personal Communication with Author. Former RD 1660 General Manager, Ronald Long.
- USACE, Sacramento District (1997). Collection of Emergency Situation Reports and Emergency Repair Design Documents. Unpublished.
- Flood Emergency Action Team (1997). Final Report. Governor’s Task Force on 1997 Flooding in California.
- Moses D (2015). Personal Communication with Author. Geotechnical Investigator of Hamburg Levee Failure, Omaha District, USACE.
- Blankers L (2015). Personal Communication with Author. Hydraulic Investigator of Hamburg Levee Failure, Omaha District, USACE.
- Hanson G J and Simon A (2001). Erodibility of Cohesive Streambeds in the Loess Area of the Midwestern USA. Hydrological Processes,15, 23–38. [CrossRef]
- Wu W and Perera C (2015). Erosion of Mixed Cohesive and Non-Cohesive Sediments. Final Report on laboratory experiments submitted to US Army Engineer Research and Development Center.
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Section||Performance and behaviour of flood defences|
|Published online||20 October 2016|