- BBC News (2004). Flooding cost ‘may rise 20-fold. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3648391.stm>.
- GouldbyB., SayersP., Mulet-MartiJ., HassanM.A.A.M. and BenwellD. (2008). A methodology for regional-scale flood risk assessment. Proceedings of the ICE – Water Management, 161(3), 169–182.
- BuijsF., GouldbyB. and SayersP. (2006). Preliminary reliability analysis on the Thames Estuary: Dartford Creek to Gravesend, Report No. T07-06-07, Floodsite.
- BuijsF.A., HallJ.W., SayersP.B. and Van GelderP.H. (2009). Time-dependent reliability analysis of flood defences. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 94(12), 1942–1953. [CrossRef]
- ChenH.P. and AlaniA.M. (2012). Reliability and optimised maintenance for sea defences. Proceedings of the ICE - Maritime Engineering, 165(2), 51–64. [CrossRef]
- NepalJ., ChenH.P., GouldbyB., SimmJ. and TarrantO. (2015). State-based stochastic performance deterioration modelling of flood defence assets. 7th International Society for Structural Health Monitoring of Intelligent Infrastructure, Torino, Italy.
- LongG., MawdesleyM. and SimmJ. (2008). Improved Approaches to Condition Assessment—Volume 2: Detailed Technical Report, FRMRC Research Report UR10. Flood Risk Management Research Consortium (FRMRC).
- HR Wallingford (2004). Performance and Reliability of Flood and Coastal Defences, DEFRA/Environment Agency Flood and Coastal Defence R&D Programme.
- LongG., MawdesleyM. and SimmJ. (2006). Improved Approaches to Condition Assessment—Volume 1: Performance-Based Visual Inspection of Flood Defence Assets, FRMRC Research Report UR10. Flood Risk Management Research Consortium (FRMRC).
- ChenH.P. and AlanA.M. (2013). Optimized maintenance strategy for concrete structures affected by cracking due to reinforcement corrosion, ACIStructural Journal, 110(2), 229–238.
- SaydamD., FrangopolD. and DongY. (2013). Assessment of risk using bridge element condition ratings. Journal of Infrastructure Systems, ASCE, 19(3), 252–265. [CrossRef]
- Environment Agency (2006). Managing Flood Risk - Condition Assessment Manual. Reference 166_03_SD01, Environment Agency, Bristol, UK.
- Environment Agency (2013). Delivering Benefits through Evidence - Practical guidance on determining asset deterioration and the use of condition grade deterioration curves: Revision 1. Reference SC060078/R1, Environment Agency, Bristol, UK.
- NepalJ. and ChenH.P. Markov chain based stochastic deterioration modelling of repaired flood defence structures using evolutionary algorithm. 13th International Probabilistic Workshop (IPW2015), Liverpool, 2015.
- HR Wallingford 5 (2011). Humber Estuary Study – Final report. Wallingford, HR Wallingford.
- RanjithS., SetungeS., GravinaR. and VenkatesanS. (2013). Deterioration prediction of timber bridge elements using the Markov chain. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, 27(3), 319–325. [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Performance and behaviour of flood defences|
|Published online||20 October 2016|