- Macdonald R.W. (2000). Modelling the mean velocity profile in the urban canopy layer. Bound Layer Meteorol, 97, pp. 25–45. [CrossRef]
- Nepf H. and Vivoni E.R. (2000). Flow structure in depth-limited, vegetated flow. J Geophys Res, 105, pp. 28547–28557 [CrossRef]
- Jiménez J. (2004). Turbulent flows over rough walls, Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech. 36, pp. 173–196. [CrossRef]
- Nikora V., McEwan I., McLean S., Coleman S., Pokrajak D. and Walters R. (2007). Doubleaveraging concept for rough-bed open-channel and overland flows: Theoretical background, J. Hydr. Eng. 133(8), pp. 873–883. [CrossRef]
- Florens E., Eiff O. and Moulin F.Y. (2013). Defining the roughness sublayer and its turbulence statistics. Exp. Fluids, 54, 1500. [CrossRef]
- Rouzès M., Moulin F.Y. and Eiff O. (2016). Effect of relative submergence in rough turbulent openchannel flows. To be submitted.
- Eiff O., Florens E. and Moulin F.Y. (2014). Roughness parameters in shallow open-channel flows. River Flow 2014, pp. 287–292
- Poggi D., Porporato A., Ridolfi L., Albertson J. and Katul G. (2004). The effect of vegetation density on canopy sub-layer turbulence. Bound. Layer Meteor., 111, pp. 565–587. [CrossRef]
- Chen, X. and Chiew, Y.M. (2003). Response of velocity and turbulence to sudden change of bed roughness in open-channel flow. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 129(1), pp. 35–43. [CrossRef]
- Dupuis, V. (2016). Experimental investigation of longitudinal roughness transitions in single and compound channel flows. PhD Thesis, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Ecole doctorale MEGA, in preparation.
- Dupuis, V., Proust, S., Berni, C., Paquier, A., and Thollet, F. (2015). Open-channel flow over longitudinal roughness transition from highlysubmerged to emergent vegetation. E-proceeding of the 36th IAHR World Congress, The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Dupuis, V., S. Proust, C. Berni, and A. Paquier (2016), Combined effects of bed friction and emergent cylinder drag in open channel flow, accepted for Environmental Fluid Mechanics.
- Proust, S., J. N. Fernandes, Y. Peltier, J. B. Leal, N. Rivière, and A. H. Cardoso (2013), Turbulent nonuniform flows in straight compound open-channels, Journal of Hydraulic Research, 51(6), 656–667. [CrossRef]
- Rouzès (2015). Etude expérimentale de l’hydrodynamique d’un écoulement turbulent sur fond rugueux en situation naturelle et/ou à faible submersion. PhD Thesis, INPT-Université de Toulouse, 182 pages.
- Vermaas, D.A., Uijttewaal, W.S.J. and A.J.F. Hoitink (2011). Lateral transfer of streamwise momentum caused by a roughness transition across a shallow channel. Water Resources Research, 47, W02530. [CrossRef]
- Nepf, H.M. (1999). Drag, Turbulence, and Diffusion in Flow through Emergent Vegetation. Water Resources Research, 35(2), 479–89. [CrossRef]
- Tanino Y., and Nepf, HM. (2008). Laboratory Investigation of Mean Drag in a Random Array of Rigid, Emergent Cylinders. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 134(January), 34–41. [CrossRef]
- Herbich, J.B., and Shulits S. (1964). Large Scale Roughness in Open-Channel Flow. Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers. Journal of the Hydraulics Division, 203–30.
- S. Proust, J. B. Faure, V. Dupuis, C. Berni and A. Paquier (2016). 1D+ model for overbank flows with a transition bed friction – emergent rigid vegetation drag. Accepted for River flow 2016, 8th International Conference on Fluvial Hydraulics, St. Louis, Mo., USA.
- S. Proust, D. Bousmar, N. Rivière, A. Paquier and Y. Zech (2009). Non-uniform flow in compound channel: a 1D-method for assessing water level and discharge distribution. Water Resources Research, 45(W12411): 1–16. [CrossRef]
- Yen, B. C. (1984). Hydraulics of flood plains: methodology for backwater computation, Report of the Institut für wasserbau / Universität Stuttgart, Wissenschaftlicher Bericht Nr. 84/5.
- Yen, B. C., Camacho R., Kohane R. and B. Westrich (1985). Significance of flood plains in backwater computation. Proc. 21st IAHR Congress, Melbourne, Australia, 19-23 August 1985, 3: 439–445.
- Bousmar, D. and Zech Y. (1999). Momentum transfer for practical flow computation. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 125(7): 696–706. [CrossRef]
- Brito, M., Fernandes J. N. and Leal J. B. (2016). Porous media approach for RANS simulation of compound open-channel flows with submerged vegetated floodplains. Submitted to Environmental Fluid Mechanics.
- Wallin, S. and A. Johansson (2000). A complete explicit algebraic Reynolds stress model for incompressible and compressible turbulent flows. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 403, 89–132. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Whitaker, S. (1999). The Method of Volume Averaging. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht. [CrossRef]
- Li, L. and W. Ma (2011). Experimental study on the effective particle diameter of a packed bed with nonspherical particles. Transport in Porous Media, 89, 35–48. [CrossRef]
- Ghisalberti, M. and H. M. Nepf (2004). The limited growth of vegetated shear layers. Water Resources Research, 40, W07502. [CrossRef]
- Fernandes, J. N., J. B. Leal, and Cardoso A. H. (2014). Improvement of the Lateral Distribution Method based on the mixing layer theory. Advances in Water Resources, 69, 159–167. [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Section||Hazard analysis and modelling|
|Published online||20 October 2016|