- Egli T. (2002) Non Structural Flood Plain Management: Measures and their Effectiveness, International Commission for the Protection of the Rhine (ICPR), Koblenz, Germany.
- Lasage R., Veldkamp T. I. E., De Moel H., Van T. C., Phi H. L., Vellinga P. and Aerts J. (2014) Assessment of the effectiveness of flood adaptation strategies for HCMC. Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci. 14, 1441–1457. [CrossRef]
- Kreibich H., Thieken A., Müller M. and Merz B. (2005) Precautionary measures reduce flood losses of households and companies—insights from the 2002 flood in Saxony, Germany. Floods Def. Manag. 851–859.
- Kron W. (2005) Flood risk = hazard center dot values center dot vulnerability. Water Int. 30, 58–68. [CrossRef]
- UNISDR. (2009) 2009 UNISDR Terminology on Disaster Risk Reduction, United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction, United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Birkmann J. (2006) Measuring Vulnerability to Natural Hazards: Towards Disaster Resilient, Societies. New York: United Nations Publications.
- Füssel H.-M. (2007) Vulnerability: A generally applicable conceptual framework for climate change research. Glob. Environ. Change 17, 155–167. [CrossRef]
- Hufschmidt G. (2011) A comparative analysis of several vulnerability concepts. Nat. Hazards 58, 621–643. [CrossRef]
- Fuchs S., Heiss K. and Hübl J. (2007) Towards an empirical vulnerability function for use in debris flow risk assessment. Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci. 7, 495–506. [CrossRef]
- Wallingford. HR (2000) National appraisal of assets at risk from flooding and coastal erosion, DEFRA.
- Sayers P. B., Hall J. W. and Meadowcroft I. C. (2002) Towards risk-based flood hazard management in the UK. Proc. Inst. Civ. Eng.-Civ. Eng. 150, 36–42.
- Hall J. W., Dawson R. J., Sayers P. B., Rosu C., Chatterton J. B. and Deakin R. (2003) A methodology for national-scale flood risk assessment. Proc. Inst. Civ. Eng.-Water Marit. Eng. 156, 235–247.
- Kok M., Huizinga H. J., Vrouwenfelder A. C. W. M. and Berendregt A. (2004) Damage and casualties caused by flooding, Highways and Hydraulics Engineering Department.
- Meyer V. and Messner F. (2005) National Flood Damage Evaluation - Methods A Review of Applied Methods in England, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic and Germany. UFZ-Diskuss. 212005.
- Varnes D. J. (1984) Landslide hazard zonation: a review of principles and practice.
- Fell R. (1994) Landslide risk assessment and acceptable risk. Can. Geotech. J. 31, 261–272. [CrossRef]
- Regione Sicilia. (2004) Piano Stralcio di bacino per l’Assetto Idrogeologico della Regione Siciliana–Relazione Generale.
- Aronica G., Tucciarelli T. and Nasello C. (1998) 2D multilevel model for flood wave propagation in flood-affected areas. J. Water Resour. Plan. Manag. 124, 210–217. [CrossRef]
- Chen A. S., Hammond M. J., Djordjević S., Butler D., Khan D. M. and Veerbeek W. (2016) From hazard to impact: the flood damage assessment tools for mega cities. Nat. Hazards in press.
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Vulnerability and societal resilience|
|Published online||20 October 2016|