- Sayers PB; Hall JW; Meadowcroft IC (2002). Towards risk-based flood hazard management in the UK. Civil Engineering 2002, 150(5), 36–42.
- MAFF (1998). National Assets at Risk (NAAR). Authors Deakin R, Burgess, Samuels, P, Sayers P, Chatterton J. A report prepared by Halcrow for MAFF (David Richardson)
- Environment Agency (2002). National Flood Risk Assessment (NaFRA). Authors Sayers PB, Panzeri M, Meadowcroft, I. A report prepared by HR Wallingford for the Environment Agency.
- Hall J; Dawson R; Sayers P; Rosu C; Chatterton J; Deakin R (2003). A methodology for national-scale flood risk assessment. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Water & Maritime Engineering 2003, 156(3), 235-247. Robert Carr Prize
- Gouldby BP, Sayers PB, Mulet-Marti J, Hassan M, Benwell D (2008) A Methodology for Regional Scale Flood Risk Assessment Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Water Engineering, June 2008
- Environment Agency (2014). Long term investment scenarios (for flood and coastal risk management). Author Meadowcroft. Published by the Environment Agency, London.
- Sayers P B, Gerry Galloway, Edmund Penning-Rowsell, Shen F, Wen K, Chen Y, Le Quesne T (2014). Strategic flood management: ten ‘golden rules’ to guide a sound approach. Journal: International Journal of River Basin Management
- Penning-Rowsell E. (2014). A realistic assessment of fluvial and coastal flood risk in England and Wales. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, 2015, 40(1), 44–61 [CrossRef]
- Hall J.W. (2014) Editorial: steps towards global flood risk modelling. Journal of Flood Risk Management, 7(3): 193–194. [CrossRef]
- Sayers P., Galloway G.,& Hall J. (2012). Robust decision making under uncertainty - Towards adaptive and resilient flood risk management infrastructure. London: Thomas Telford
- Sayers PB and Meadowcroft IC (2005). RASP - A hierarchy of risk-based methods and their application. Proceedings of the 40th Defra Conf. of River and Coastal Management.
- Environment Agency (2013). NaFRA Method Improvements Task 3.6 – Future Benchmarking. Authors Gouldby, B., Lhomme, J., McGahey, C. and Panzeri, M.
- Gouldby B, Sayers PB, Panzeri MC, Lanyon J (2010) Development of application of efficient methods for the forward propagation of epistemic uncertainty and sensitivity analysis within complex broad-scale flood risk system models. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering; Mar2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p496. Special Issue on Hydrotechnical Engineering. [CrossRef]
- McGahey C Sayers P.B Dunning P and Neve P (2006). Exploring the sensitivity of RASP HLM+ to variations in input data and model parameters. A report by HR Wallingford for the Environment Agency.
- Environment Agency (2011). NaFRA Confidence MethodDevelopment – Final. Authors Sayers P.B, Lamb, R Meadowcroft, I. A report by JBA/Sayers and Partners published by Environment Agency
- Environment Agency (2011) NaFRA Confidence Route Mapping – Final Authors Sayers P.B, Lamb, R Meadowcroft, I. A report by JBA/Sayers and Partners published by Environment Agency
- Lewis M., Horsburgh K., Bates P. and Smith R. (2011) Quantifying the uncertainty in future coastal flood risk estimates for the UK. – Journal of Coastal Research: 870–881 [CrossRef]
- Wyncoll D and Gouldby B. (2012) Application of a multivariate extreme value approach to system flood risk analysis – Journal of Flood Risk Management 8 (2), 145–160 [CrossRef]
- Mc Gahey C, Sayers P.B, Wills M. Lanyon J. Weisgerber A. Surendran S., Baylis A., Linford T. (2010). Modelling and Decision Support Framework 2 (MDSF2) - Initial Applications and Lessons Proc. Of the FCM10 Conference. Environment Agency
- Wyncoll D. and Gouldby B. (2012). Application of a multivariate extreme value approach to system flood risk analysis. Journal of flood risk management
- Lamb R., Keef C., Tawn J., Laeger S., Meadowcroft I., Surendran S., Dunning P., Batstone C. (2010). A new method to assess the risk of local and widespread flooding on rivers and coasts. In: Journal of Flood Risk Management. 3, 4, p. 323-336. 14 p. [CrossRef]
- Vrouwenvelder A.C.W.M. (2006). Spatial effects in reliability analysis of flood protection systems. - IFED Forum 2006, Lake Louise, Canada.
- Penning-Rowsell E., Johnson C., Tunstall S., Tapsell S., Morris J. and Chatterton J., Green C. (2005). The Benefits of Flood and Coastal Risk Management: A manual of Assessment Techniques (The Multi-coloured Manual). Flood Hazard Research Centre, Middlesex University.
- Hassan M., Morris M., Hanson G., and Lakhal. K. 2004. Breach formation: Laboratory and numerical modeling of breach formation. In Proc. Dam Safety 2004, Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO), CD-ROM. Lexington, Ky.: Association of State Dam Safety Officials.
- Sayers P.B and Marti J (2006) RFSM - Rapid Flood Spreading Method - Initial Development. A report for the Environment Agency Thames Estuary DT4.
- Lhomme J.and Sayers PB. and Gouldby B.P. and Samuels P.G. and Wills M. and Mulet-Marti J. Recent development and application of a rapid flood spreading method. In: FLOODrisk 2008, 30 September - 2 October 2008, Keble College, Oxford, UK. (2008)
- Environment Agency Report. Reliability of flood defences: Improved generic fragility curves for use in flood risk analysis. Authors Topple, A. & Simm J.
- Porter J. and Demeritt D. (2012) Flood Risk Management, Mapping and Planning: The Institutional Politics of Decision-Support in England, Environment & Planning A. DOI: 10.1068/a44660
- Wallingford HR (2006). Defence Overflowing and Breach Inflow Volumes: Explicitly accounting for Uncertainty and Enabling Defence Specific Estimates. Development of the IA 8/10 System Model. HR Wallingford report for the Environment Agency Thames Estuary 2100 studies - IA8/10 Technical Note 12
- Robson A.J. and Reed D.W., 1999. Flood estimation handbook. Institute of Hydrology, Wallingford. Various updates since
- Kjeldsen T.R. (2014), How reliable are design flood estimates in the UK?. Journal of Flood Risk Management. doi: 10.1111/jfr3.12090
- USACE (1996). Risk-based Analysis for Flood Damage Reduction studies. Engineer Manual EM 1110-2-1619, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, D.C.
- Environment Agency (2007). Report FD2318_5926_TRP. Authors Sayers P, Simm J, Buijs F, Flikweert, J A report by HR Wallingford for the Environment Agency.
- Simm J., Gouldby, Sayers P.B, Flikweert J, Wersching S and Bramley M (2009). Representing fragility of flood and coastal defences: Getting into the detail. Flood Risk Management: Research and Practice. P. Samuels, S. Huntington, W. Allsop and J. Harrop, Taylor and Francis Group, London, UK.
- Vorogushyn S., Merz B. and Apel H. (2009). “Development of dike fragility curves for piping and micro-instability breach mechanisms.” Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci. 9(4): 1383–1401 [CrossRef]
- Van Damme M., Morris M.W., Borthwick A.G.L., and Hassan M.A.A.M., 2012, A rapid method for predicting embankment breach hydrographs, Floodrisk2012, Rotterdam, The Netherlands (nominated for the paper award)
- Environment Agency (2010). Benchmarking of 2D Hydraulic Modelling Packages, Environment Agency Report SC080035/SR2, Bristol. A report by Pender et al, Heriot Watt University.
- Sayers P.B., Horritt M. S., Penning-Rowsell E., and Mckenzie A. (2015). Climate Change Risk Assessment 2017: Projections of future flood risk in the UK: Appendix G Validity of present day and future risks. Pages 125. Sayers and Partners LLP report for the Committee on Climate Change.
- Environment Agency (2010). Validation of probabilistic flood models. Environment Agency Report SC090008.
- Beven K., and Lamb R. (2014). The uncertainty cascade in model fusion. In Riddick, A. T. Kessler, H. and Giles, J. R. A. (eds) Integrated Environmental Modelling to Solve Real World Problems: Methods, Vision and Challenges. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 408, http://dx.doi.org/10.1144/SP408.3
- Hall J.W. and Solomatine D. (2008) A framework for uncertainty analysis in flood risk management decisions. International Journal of River Basin Management, 6(2): 85–98. [CrossRef]
- Sayers P B, Gerry Galloway, Edmund Penning-Rowsell, Shen F, Wen K, Chen Y, Le Quesne T (2013). Flood Risk Management: A strategic approach. Published in English by UNESCO, Paris in May 2013 (ISBN 978-92-3-001159-8) and in Chinese by Water Publishing in October 2012 (ISBN:978-7-5170-0201-7). Published in association with WWF, the General Institute of Water Design and Planning, Beijing (GIWP) China and Asian Development Bank (ADB).
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Risk evaluation and assessment|
|Published online||20 October 2016|