- United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development. (2007). Indicator Profile for Percentage of Total Population Living in Coastal Areas.
- Kundzewicz Z., Mata L., Arnell N., Döll P., Kabat P., Jiménez B., Miller K., Oki T., Sen Z. and Shiklomanov I. (2007). Freshwater resources and their management. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, pp. 173–210.
- Guha-Sapir D., Below R. and Hoyois P. (2015). EM-DAT: The CRED/OFDA International Disaster Database. Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium. www.emdat.be
- Liu A., Fellowes M and Mabanta M. (2006). Special edition of the Katrina Index: A one-year review of key indicators of recovery in post-storm New Orleans. Brookings Institution, Washington D.C., USA.
- Buoyant Foundation Project, Inc. www.buoyantfoundation.org.
- English E. (2009). Amphibious foundations and the buoyant foundation project: Innovative strategies for flood resilient housing. Proceedings of the International Conference on Urban Flood Management, UNESCO-IHP and COST Action C22, Paris, France, 25 – 27 November 2009.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. (2007). Criteria for Land Management and Use: Requirements for Flood Plain Management Regulations. ,Federal Emergency Management Agency Regulations, 60.3, p. 4. http://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/20130726-1622-20490-7844/section60_3.pdf
- Fenuta, Elizabeth. (2010). Amphibious Architectures: The Buoyant Foundation Project in Post-Katrina New Orleans (Master of Architecture Thesis, University of Waterloo, Canada). Retrieved from https://www.uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/handle/10012/568
- Prosun, Prithula. (2011). The LIFT House: an amphibious strategy for sustainable and affordable housing for urban poor in flood-prone Bangladesh (Master of Architecture Thesis, University of Waterloo, Canada). Retrieved from https://www.uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/handle/10012/5787.
- Hammond. G.P. and Jones C.I. (2008). Embodied energy and carbon in construction materials. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Energy 161. Issue EN2, pgs. 87-98. doi: 10.1680/ener.2008.161.2.87 [CrossRef]
- Turner S. and English E. (2015). Amphibious housing for vulnerable communities in Jamaica. Proceedings of the International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand, August 26 – 29 2015.
- Davenport C. and Robertson C. (2016). “Resettling the First American ‘Climate Refugees’”. The New York Times. May 3, 2016. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/03/us/resettling-the-first-american-climaterefugees.html?emc=edit_th_20160503&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=72460689&_r=2
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (2013). 2011 Flood: Technical Review of Lake Manitoba, Lake St. Martin and Assiniboine River Water Levels.
- Ropel-Morski Z., English E. and Turner S. (2015). Amphibious Housing: An Innovative Approach to Seasonal Flood Mitigation for Vulnerable First Nations Communities. Proceedings of the International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand August 26 – 29 2015.
- Bourdeau Jr, J. (2015). Loss Avoidance Studies. ASFPM Annual National Conference, Atlanta, USA, May 31 – June 5 2015.
- Sumanth S. and English E. (2015). A loss avoidance study of amphibious housing: A case study in southern Louisiana. Proceedings of the International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand August 26 – 29 2015.
- Cochran L., ed., (2012). Wind issues in the design of buildings. American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, Virginia. [CrossRef]
- Holmes J. (1994). Wind pressures on tropical housing. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamicsc 53(1-2), pp. 105–123. [CrossRef]
- English E., Friedland C., Orooji F. and Mahtani N. (2015). A new approach to combined flood and wind mitigation for hurricane damage prevention. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Wind Engineering, Porto Alegre, Brazil, June 21 – 26 2015.
- International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering. (2016). ICAADE 2015. http://www.icaade.org
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Section||Non-structural measures and instruments|
|Published online||20 October 2016|