- Sayers, P., Galloway, G., Penning-Rowsell, E., Shen, F., Wen, K., Chen, Y., and Le Quesne, T. (2012). Flood Risk Management: A strategic approach. Chapter 14 – Insurance and flood risk UNESCO and ADB on behalf of WWF and GIWP, China.
- Priest, S.J. (2003). Responding to flood risk in the UK: A strategic Reappraisal, Unpublished PhD Thesis, Department of Geography, University of Southampton, pp354.
- Hausmann, P. (1998). Floods – An Insurable Risk? Swiss Re: Zurich, Switzerland.
- Arnell, N.W. (2000). Flood insurance in Parker, D. J. (ed.), Floods, Routledge, London, pp412–24.
- Porrini, D. and Schwarze, R. (2014). Insurance models and European climate change policies: an assessment, European Journal of Law and Economics, 38, 7–28. [CrossRef]
- Mehlhorn, J. and Hausmann, P. (2012). Flood – an underestimated risk Inspect, inform, insure, Swiss Re: Zurich, Switzerland.
- Priest, S.J. (2014). Review of international flood insurance and recovery mechanisms: Implications for New Zealand and the resilience of older people, Research report for the Community Resilience and Good Ageing: Doing Better in Bad Times Project. Available online http://resilience.goodhomes.co.nz/publications/, Accessed 09/03/15.
- Gaschen, S., Hausmann, P., Menzinger, I. and Schaad, W. (1998) Floods - an insurable risk? A market survey, Swiss Re: Zurich, Switzerland.
- Michel-Kerjan, E., (2001) Insurance against natural disasters: do the French have the answer? Strengths and limitations, in Working paper. 2001, Laboratoire d’économétrie, Ecole Polytechnique, Paris.
- Fiselier, J. and Oosterberg, W. (2004). A quick scan of spatial measures and instruments for flood risk reduction in selected EU countries, Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management, Directorate-General of Public Works and Water Management, RIZA Institute for Inland Water Management and Waste Water Treatment.
- Comité Européen des Assurances (CEA) (2005) The insurance of natural events on European markets, Property Insurance Committee, AB 5050 (06/05), CEA: Paris, France.
- CCS (Consorcio de Compensacion de Seguros) (2008). Natural catastrophes insurance cover. A diversity of systems. CCS: Madrid, Spain.
- Kunreuther, H. (1996). Mitigating Disaster Losses through Insurance, Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, 12, 171 187. [CrossRef]
- Mechler, R., and Weichselgartner, J. (2003). Disaster Loss Financing in Germany—The Case of the Elbe River Floods 2002. Interim Report IR-03-021, IIASA, Laxenburg.
- Lamond, J. and Penning-Rowsell, E.C. (2011). A Review of International Approaches to Flood Insurance, Deliverable for Knowledge for Climate Workpackage 5, Project 5.1.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (2011). History of the National Flood Insurance Program and reform efforts, World Bank Flood Risk Conference, http://www.gfdrr.org/sites/gfdrr.org/files/documents/DRFI_NFIP_ReformMar11.pdf March 17, 2011, Accessed 07/06/13.
- Machetti, I. (2009) Risk pricing and risk transfer: a comparative overview, World Forum of catastrophe risk programmes, Taipei, 28th to 30th September 2009. Available online at http://www.wfcatprogrammes.com/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=19778&name=DLFE-1523.pdf, Accessed19/06/13.
- King, R.O. (2013). The National Flood Insurance Program: Status and Remaining Issues for Congress, CRS Report for Congress, Congressional Research Service, Available online http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42850.pdf, Accessed 07/06/13.
- Kleindorfer, P.R. and Kunreuther, H. (1999). The complementary roles of mitigation and insurance in managing catastrophic risks, Risk Analysis, 19(4), 727–738.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) (2013). Securing the future availability and affordability of home insurance in areas of flood risk, June 2013, Full consultation document Defra, London.
- Wang, J.L., Chung, C-F. and Tzeng, L.Y. (2008). An Empirical Analysis of the Effects of Increasing Deductibles on Moral Hazard, Journal of Risk and Insurance, 75(3), 551–566. [CrossRef]
- Repair and Renew Grant Website http://www.repairandrenewgrant.co.uk/ Accessed 09/03/15.
- Hunter, J.R. (1994). Insuring Against Natural Disaster, NAIC Journal of Insurance, 12, 467–85.
- Lamond, J. and Penning-Rowsell, E. (2014) The robustness of flood insurance regimes given increased risk resulting from climate change. Climate Risk Management, 2, 1–10. [CrossRef]
- Thieken, A.H., Petrow, T., Kreibich, H. and Merzi, B. (2006). Insurability and mitigation of flood losses in private households in Germany. Risk Analysis, 26(2), 1–13. [CrossRef]
- Poussin, J.K., Botzen, W.J.W. and Aerts, J.C.J.H. (2013). Stimulating flood damage mitigation through insurance: an assessment of the French CatNat system. Environmental Hazards, 12 (3–4), 258–277. [CrossRef]
- Poussin, J.K., Botzen, W. J. W. and Aerts, J.C.J.H. (2014). Factors of influence on flood damage mitigation behaviour by households. Environmental Science and Policy, 40, 69–77. [CrossRef]
- Poussin, J.K., Botzen, W.J.W. and Aerts, J.C.J.H. (2015). Effectiveness of flood damage mitigation measures: empirical evidence from French flood disasters. Global Environmental Change, 31, 74–84. [CrossRef]
- Hudson, P., Botzen, W.J.W., Feyen, L. and Aerts, J.C.J.H. (2016). Incentivising flood risk adaptation through risk based insurance premiums: Trade-offs between affordability and risk reduction, Ecological Economics, 125, 1–13.
- Kunreuther, H., Michel-Kerjan, E. and Ranger, N. (2013) Insuring future climate catastrophes, Climatic Change, 118, 339–354. 30 [CrossRef]
- Ball, T., Werritty, A. and Geddes, A. (2013). Insurance and sustainability in flood-risk management: The UK in a transitional state. Area, 45(3), 266–272. [CrossRef]
- Michel-Kerjan, E. and Kunreuther, H. (2011) At War with the Weather: Managing Large-Scale Risks in a New Era of Catastrophes, MIT Press: Cambridge, US. 32
- Kleindorfer, P.R., Kunreuther, H. and Ou-Yang, C. (2012) Single-year and multi-year insurance policies in a competitive market, Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, 45, 51–78. 33 [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Disaster management and recovery|
|Published online||20 October 2016|