- Werner, M., Cranston, M., Harrison, T., Whitfield, D. and Schellekens, J. (2009). Recent developments in operational flood forecasting in England, Wales and Scotland. Meteorological Applications, 16, 13–22. [CrossRef]
- Robson, A. J., Moore, R. J., Wells, S. C., Rudd, A., Mattingley, P. S and Cole, S. J. (2016). Understanding the performance of flood forecasting models. Science Report SC130006/R2. Research contractor: Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Environment Agency, Bristol, UK.
- Wells, S. C., Moore, R. J. and Cole, S. J. (2016). National performance of flood forecasting models. Science Report SC130006/R3. Research Contractor: Centre for Ecology & Hydrology. Environment Agency, Bristol, UK.
- Moore, R.J., Cole, S.J., Bell, V.A. and Jones, D.A. (2006). Issues in flood forecasting: ungauged basins, extreme floods and uncertainty. In: Tchiguirinskaia, I., Thein, K. N. N. & Hubert, P. (eds.), Frontiers in Flood Research, 8th Kovacs Colloquium, UNESCO, Paris, June/July 2006, IAHS Publ. 305, 103–122.
- Bell, V. A., Kay, A. L., Jones, R. G., Moore, R. J. and Reynard, N. S. (2009). Use of soil data in a grid-based hydrological model to estimate spatial variation in changing flood risk across the UK. Journal of Hydrology, 377(3-4), 335–350. [CrossRef]
- Price, D., Hudson, K., Boyce, G., Schellekens, J., Moore, R. J., Clark, P., Harrison, T., Connolly, E. and Pilling, C. (2012). Operational use of a gridbased model for flood forecasting. Water Management, 165(2), 65–77.
- Moore, R. J and Bell, V. A. (2001). Comparison of rainfall-runoff models for flood forecasting. Part 1: Literature review of models. R&D Technical Report W241. Research contractor: Institute of Hydrology Environment Agency, Bristol, UK. http://nora.nerc.ac.uk/7471/
- Moore, R. J. (1999). Real-time flood forecasting systems: perspectives and prospects. In: R. Casale and C. Margottini (eds.), Floods and Landslides: Integrated Risk Assessment, Chapter 11, 147–189, Springer. [CrossRef]
- Wilks, D. S. (2006) Statistical methods in the atmospheric sciences. Second edition, Academic Press.
- Joliffe, I. T. and Stephenson, D. B. (eds.) (2012) Forecast verification: a practitioner’s guide in atmospheric science. Second edition, Wiley- Blackwell.
- Moore, R. J. (2007). The PDM rainfall-runoff model. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 11(1), 483–499. [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Forecasting and warning|
|Published online||20 October 2016|