- Assaf, H, Hartford, DND and Cattanach, JD., (1997). Estimating Dam Breach Flood Survival Probabilities. ANCOLD Bulletin No. 107. Australian National Committee on Large Dams.
- Assaf, H., and Hartford, D.N.D. (2001). Physically-based Modelling of Life Safety Considerations in Water Resources Decisionmaking. Proc. World Water and Environmental Resources Congress, Orlando, ASCE.
- Davis, S. A. (1985). Business Depth-Damage Analysis Procedures. 85-R-5, Institute of Water Resources, US Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Clausen, I. and Clark, P.B. (1990). The development of criteria for predicting dam break flood damages using modelling of historical dam failures. In International Conference on River Flood Hydraulics(WhiteW.R. (ed.)) Wiley, Chichester, UK, pp. 369–380.
- McClelland, D.M. and Bowles, D.S. (2002). Estimating Life Loss for Dam Safety Risk Assessment – A Review and New Approach. UD Army Corps of Engineers, Institute for Water Resources, Alexandria, VA, USA, IWR report 02-R-3.
- Johnstone, W.M, Assaf, H., Sakamoto, D., and Hartford, D. (2003). Analysis of the Malpasset dam failure using GIS and engineering models. Proceedings of GeoTec Symposium 2003, Vancouver, Canada.
- Tagg, A.F., Kolen, B., Leenders, J., Chen, H., and Powell, D. (2012). The use of traffic modelling to inform a flood evacuation policy for Lincolnshire and Norfolk. In Eds Klijn, F. and Schweckendiek, T. (2013) Comprehensive Flood Risk Management: Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Flood Risk Management FLOODrisk2012, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 19-23 November 2012, CRC Press, London.
- Di Mauro, M., and Lumbroso, D. (2008). Hydrodynamic and loss of life modelling for the 1953 Canvey Island flood. Flood Risk Management – Research and Practice, Proceedings of FLOODrisk 2008, Keeble College, Oxford, UK, 30 September to 2 October 2008.
- Johnstone, W.M. (2005). Verification and validation of the Life Safety Model simulator using the Malpasset Dam Failure. Spatial Vision Group, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Lumbroso, D., Sakamoto, D., Johnstone, W.M., Tagg, A.F., and Lence, B. (2011). The development of a Life Safety Model to estimate the risk posed to people by dam failures and floods. Dams and Reservoirs, 21. British Dam Society, 2011.
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Evacuation and emergency management planning|
|Published online||20 October 2016|