- OPW (2004) Report of the Flood Policy Review Group (http://www.opw.ie/en/floodriskmanagement/)
- EU (2007) Directive on the Assessment and Management of Flood Risks [2007/60/EC]
- Saaty T. L. (1990) How to make a decision: The Analytic Hierarchy Process. European Journal of Operational Research, 48, 9–26. [CrossRef]
- Saaty T. L. (2003) Decision-making with the AHP: Why is the principal eigenvector necessary. European Journal of Operational Research, 145, 85–91. [CrossRef]
- Central Statistics Office (2016) Irish national census data http://www.cso.ie/. Accessed January 2016.
- Cardona O. D. (2006) A system of indicators for disaster risk management in the Americas. IN BIRKMANN J. (Ed.) Measuring vulnerability to hazards of natural origin: towards disaster resilient societies. Tokyo, UNU Press.
- Bjarnadottir S., Li Y. & Stewart M. (2011) Social vulnerability index for coastal communities at risk to hurricane hazard and a changing climate. Natural Hazards, 59, 1055–1075. [CrossRef]
- Kienberger S., Lang S. & Zeil P. (2009) Spatial vulnerability units - expert-based spatial modelling of socio-economic vulnerability in the Salzach catchment, Austria. Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences., 9, 767–778 [CrossRef]
- Saaty T. L. & Vargas L. G. (1982) The Logic of Priorities: Applications in Business, Energy, Health and Transportation, Pittsburgh, PA, RWS Publications.
- Saaty T. L. & Kearns K. P. (1985) Analytical Planning: The Organisation of Systems, Pittsburgh, PA, RWS Publications.
- Freeling A. (1983) Belief and Decision Aiding. PhD Thesis. University of Cambridge.
- Dyer J. S. (1990) Remarks on the Analytic Hierarchy Process. Management Science, 36, 249–258. [CrossRef]
- Apostolou B. & Hassell J. M. (1993) An empirical examination of the sensitivity of the analytic hierarchy process to departures from recommended consistency ratios. Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 17, 163–170. [CrossRef]
- Andrew T. N., Rahoo P. & Nepal T. (2005) Enhancing the selection of communication technology for rural telecommunications: An analytic hierarchy process model. International Journal of Computers, Systems and Signals, 6, 26–34.
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Policy appraisal, investment planning and decision making tools|
|Published online||20 October 2016|