- ASC (2015). Progress in preparing for climate change 2015 Report to Parliament Committee on Climate Change June 2015. https://www.theccc.org.uk/wpcontent/uploads/2015/06/6.736_CCC_ASC_Adaptation-Progress-Report_2015_FINAL_WEB_250615_RFS.pdf
- Bouwer, L.M., Bubeck, P. and Aerts, J.C., 2010. Changes in future flood risk due to climate and development in a Dutch polder area. Global Environmental Change, 20(3), pp. 463–471. [CrossRef]
- Evans, E., Ashley, R., Hall, J., Penning-Rowsell, E., Saul, A., Sayers, P., Watkinson, A. (2004a). Foresight Future Flooding, Scientific Summary: Volume 2: Managing future risks. Office of Science and Technology, London.
- Evans, E., Ashley, R., Hall, J., Penning-Rowsell, E., Saul, A., Sayers, P., Watkinson, A. (2004b). Foresight Future Flooding, Scientific Summary: Volume 1: Future risks and their drivers. Office of Science and Technology, London.
- DEFRA (2005). Making Space for Water: Taking Forward a New Government Strategy for Flood and Coastal Erosion. First Government Response to the Autumn 2004 Making Space for Water Consultation Exercise. London: Department of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Environment Agency (2010). Working with natural processes to manage flood and coastal erosion risk. London: Environment Agency.
- HM Treasury (2003). The Green Book: Appraisal and Evaluation in Central Government.
- HR Wallingford (2015) Update analysis of the number of properties located in areas at risk of flooding and coastal erosion in England. A HR Wallingford report completed from the ASC.
- Klijn, F., van Buuren, M. and van Rooij, S.A., 2004. Flood-risk management strategies for an uncertain future: living with Rhine river floods in the Netherlands?. AMBIO: A Journal of the Human Environment, 33(3), pp. 141–147. [CrossRef]
- Klijn, F., de Bruijn, K.M., Knoop, J. and Kwadijk, J., 2012. Assessment of the Netherlands’ flood risk management policy under global change. Ambio, 41(2), pp. 180–192. [CrossRef]
- Kwakkel, J.H. and Pruyt, E., 2013. Exploratory Modeling and Analysis, an approach for model-based foresight under deep uncertainty. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 80(3), pp. 419–431. [CrossRef]
- Met Office (2015). Developing H++ climate change scenarios for heatwaves, droughts, floods, windstorms and cold snaps. A report for the ASC, London. https://www.theccc.org.uk/publication/met-office-for-theasc-developing-h-climate-change-scenarios/ Accessed May 2016 Penning-Rowsell, E.C. (2015). A realistic assessment of fluvial and coastal flood risk in England and Wales. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers 40(1) 44–61.
- SayersPB; Hall, JW; Meadowcroft, IC (2002). Towards risk-based flood hazard management in the UK. Civil Engineering 2002, 150(5), 36–42.
- Sayers, P. B., GallowayG., Penning-RowsellE., Li, Y., Shen, F., Chen, Y, LeQuense, T. (2014). Strategic flood management: ten ‘golden rules’ to guide a sound approach. International Journal of River Basin Management, DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2014.902378.
- Sayers et al, (2015a) Climate Change Risk assessment 2017: Future flood risk in the UK. A report by Sayers and Partners LLP for the Climate Change Committee, London. https://www.theccc.org.uk/publication/sayersfor-the-asc-projections-of-future-flood-risk-in-the-uk/
- Sayers et al, (2015b). Climate Change Risk assessment 2017: Future flood risk in the UK. Appendix F: The Future Flood Explorer - Overview Final. A report by Sayers and Partners LLP for the Climate Change Committee, London. https://www.theccc.org.uk/publication/sayers-for-the-ascprojections-of-future-flood-risk-in-the-uk/
- Sayers et al, (2016). Flood resilience for disadvantaged areas. Submission to the National Resilience Review. A report by Sayers and Partners LLP for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Scottish Government, (2011). Delivering sustainable flood risk management. http://www.gov.scot/Resource/Doc/351427/0117868.pdf
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Adaptation to long term change|
|Published online||20 October 2016|