- D. G. Fredlund and H. Rahardjo, Soil mechanics for unsaturated soils. John Wiley & Sons, (1993). [CrossRef]
- R. H. Brooks and A. T. Corey, Hydraulic Properties of Porous Media. Colorado State University, (1964).
- D. G. Fredlund and A. Xing, “Equations for the soil-water characteristic curve,” Can. Geotech. J., vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 521–532, (1994). [CrossRef]
- W. R. Gardner, “Some steady-state solutions of the unsaturated moisture flow equation with application to evaporation from a water table,” Soil Sci., vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 228–232, (1958). [CrossRef]
- C. R. McKee and A. C. Bumb, “The importance of unsaturated flow parameters in designing a monitoring system for hazardous wastes and environmental emergencies,” in Proc. Hazardous Materials Control Research Institute Natl. Conf., Houston, TX, pp. 50–58, (1984).
- M. T. van Genuchten, “A Closed-form Equation for Predicting the Hydraulic Conductivity of Unsaturated Soils1,” Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., vol. 44, no. 5, p. 892, (1980). [CrossRef]
- J. Williams, R. E. Prebble, W. T. Williams, and C. T. Hignett, “The influence of texture, structure and clay mineralogy on the soil moisture characteristic,” Soil Res., vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 15–32, (1983). [CrossRef]
- L. M. Arya and J. F. Paris, “A physicoempirical model to predict the soil moisture characteristic from particle-size distribution and bulk density data,” Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1023–1030, (1981). [CrossRef]
- M. D. Fredlund, D. G. Fredlund, and G. W. Wilson, “Prediction of the soil-water characteristic curve from grain-size distribution and volume-mass properties,” in Proc., 3rd Brazilian Symp. on Unsaturated Soils,( 1997), vol. 1, pp. 13–23.
- A. Johari and A. A. Javadi, “Prediction of a soil-water characteristic curve using neural network,” 5th International Conference Unsaturated Soils Barrcelona Spain, vol. 1, pp. 461–466, (2011).
- A. Johari, G. Habibagahi, and A. Ghahramani, “Prediction of soil-water characteristic curve using a genetic based neural network,” Sci. Iran., vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 284–294, (2006).
- A. Ahangar-Asr, A. Johari, and A. A. Javadi, “An evolutionary approach to modelling the soil–water characteristic curve in unsaturated soils,” Comput. Geosci., vol. 43, pp. 25–33, Jun. (2012). [CrossRef]
- A. Johari and A. Hooshmandnejad, “Prediction of soil-water characteristic curve using gene expression programming,” Iran. J. Sci. Technol. Trans. Civ. Eng., vol. 39, no. C1, (2015).
- W. S. Sillers and D. G. Fredlund, “Statistical assessment of soil-water characteristic curve models for geotechnical engineering,” Can. Geotech. J., vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1297–1313, (Dec. 2001). [CrossRef]
- R. G. Hills, D. B. Hudson, and P. J. Wierenga, “Spatial variability at the Las Cruces trench site,” Indirect Methods Estim. Hydraul. Prop. Unsaturated Soils Univ Calif. Riverside, pp. 529–538, (1992).
- M. Fredlund, G. F. N. Gitirana, Jr., and H. Pham, “A methodology for applying probability theory to unsaturated hydraulic proper- ties for seepage analysis,” Proc GeoCongress 2008 Chall. Sustain. Geoenvironment Geotech. Spec. PubliCation 178 ASCE Rest. Va, (2008).
- R. F. Carsel and R. S. Parrish, “Developing joint probability distributions of soil water retention characteristics,” Water Resour. Res., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 755–769, (1988). [CrossRef]
- K.-K. Phoon, “Modeling and simulation of stochastic data,” in GeoCongress 2006@ sGeotechnical Engineering in the Information Technology Age, pp. 1–17, (2006).
- K.-K. Phoon, A. Santoso, and S.-T. Quek, “Probabilistic analysis of soil-water characteristic curves,” J. Geotech. Geoenvironmental Eng., vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 445–455, (2010). [CrossRef]
- C. F. Chiu, W. M. Yan, and K.-V. Yuen, “Reliability analysis of soil–water characteristics curve and its application to slope stability analysis,” Eng. Geol., vol. 135–136, pp. 83–91, (May 2012). [CrossRef]
- P. G. Hoel, S. C. Port, and C. J. Stone, Introduction to Statistical Theory. Houghton-Mifflin, (1971).
- K. M. Ramachandran and C. P. Tsokos, Mathematical Statistics with Applications. Academic Press, (2009).
- H. Tijms, Understanding Probability: Chance Rules in Everyday Life. Cambridge University Press, (2007). [CrossRef]
- A. Johari and A. A. Javadi, “Reliability assessment of infinite slope stability using the jointly distributed random variables method,” Sci. Iran., vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 423–429, (2012). [CrossRef]
- A. Johari and A. R. Khodaparast, “Modelling of probability liquefaction based on standard penetration tests using the jointly distributed random variables method”, Eng. Geol., vol. 158, pp. 1–14, (May 2013). [CrossRef]
- A. Johari, A. A. Javadi, M. H. Makiabadi, and A. R. Khodaparast, “Reliability assessment of liquefaction potential using the jointly distributed random variables method”, Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., vol. 38, pp. 81–87, (2012). [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Water Retention Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|