- P.N. Hughes, S. Glendinning, J. Mendes, G. Parkin, D.G. Toll, D. Gallipoli, P. Miller. 2009. Full-scale testing to assess climate effects on embankments. Special Issue of Engineering Sustainability: Proc. Ins. of C. Eng, 162,2, 67–79 (2009)
- S. Au. Rain-Induced Slope Instability in Hong Kong, Eng. Geo, 51, 1, 1–36 (1998) [CrossRef]
- P. Osinski, R.J. Rickson, M.J. Hann, E. Koda. Assessment of slope stability influenced by vegetation cover and additional loads applied. Ann. Warsaw Univ. of Life Sci. – SGGW, Land Reclam. 46,2, 81–91 (2014)
- S.D.N. Lourenço. Suction Measurements and Water Retention in Unsaturated Soils, PhD Thesis, Durham University (2008)
- D.G. Fredlund, H. Rahardjo. Soil mechanics for unsaturated soils. New York: Wiley (1993) [CrossRef]
- J. Mendes. Assessment of the impact of climate change on an instrumented embankment: an unsaturated soil mechanics approach. PhD Thesis, Durham University (2011)
- D.G. Fredlund. Use of the soil-water characteristic curve in the implementation of unsaturated soil mechanics. Proc. Third Int. Conf. on Unsaturated Soils, UNSAT 2002, Recife, Brazil. 3 (2002)
- D.G. Toll, M.S. Rahim, M. Karthikeyan, I. Tsaparas. Soil atmosphere interactions for analysing slopes in tropical soils, Proc. 14th Int. Conf. IACMAG, Kyoto Japan (eds. F. Oka, A. Murakami, R. Uzuoka), London: Taylor & Francis, 1333–1338 (2014)
- S.J. Wheeler, R.J. Sharma, M.S.R Buisson. Coupling of hydraulic hysteresis and stress–strain behaviour in unsaturated soils. Geotechnique 53, 1, 41–54 (2003) [CrossRef]
- E. Koda, P. Osiński. Assessment of bio-mechanical reinforcement materials influencing slope stability, based on numerical analyses. Proc. of the 18th Int. Conf. on Soil Mech. and Geotech. Eng. Press des Pontes, Paris. 3, 2525–2528 (2013)
- Z. Skutnik, M. Biliniak. Suction controlled triaxial testing of unsaturated medium sand and sandy clay. Ann. Warsaw Univ. of Life Sci. – SGGW, Land Reclam. 46, 4, 301–307 (2014).
- P.N. Hughes, S. Glendinning, D.G. Toll. Report on the design and construction of the BIONICS embankment. University of Newcastle upon Tyne – Durham University (2005)
- British Standard Institute, BS 1377: Methods of test for Soils of civil engineering purposes. Part 1-4, BSI, Milton Keynes (1990)
- D.G. Toll. A data acquisition and control system for geotechnical testing, in Computing Developments in Civil and Structural Engineering (eds. B. Kumarand B.H.V. Topping), Edinburgh: Civil-Comp Press, 237–242 (1999)
- S.D.N. Lourenço, D. Gallipoli, D.G. Toll, C.E. Augarde, F.A. Evans. A new procedure for the determination of the Soil Water Retention Curves by continuous drying using high suction tensiometers. Can. Geo. J., 48, 2, 327–335 (2011) [CrossRef]
- A.M. Ridley, J.B. Burland. A new instrument for the measurement of soil moisture suction. Geotechnique 43, 2, 321–324 (1993) [CrossRef]
- A. Tarantino, L. Mongiovì. Calibration of tensiometer for direct measurement of matric suction Geotechnique, 53, 1, 137–141 (2003) [CrossRef]
- D.G. Toll, S.D.N. Lourenço, J. Mendes. Advances in suction measurements using high suction tensiometers, Eng. Geo, 165, 29–37 (2013) [CrossRef]
- D.G. Toll, J.D. Asquith, A. Fraser, A.A. Hassan, G. Liu, S.D.N. Lourenço, J. Mendes, T. Noguchi, P. Osinski, R.A. Stirling, Tensiometer techniques for determining soil water retention curves. Proc. 6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Unsaturated Soil. Guilin, China. London: Taylor & Francis (2015).
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Water Retention Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|