- Brachman, R.W.I. and Krushelnitzky, R.P. 2005. Response of a landfill drainage pipe buried in a trench. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 42(3): 752–762.
- Fredlund, D.G., Xing, A. and Huang, S. 1994. Predicting the permeability function for unsaturated soils using the soil-water characteristic curve. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 31(3): 521–532. [CrossRef]
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). 1990. Analysis of construction fatalities - OSHA Data Base 1985–1989.
- Garven, E. and Vanapalli, S.K. 2006. Evaluation of empirical procedures for predicting the shear strength of unsaturated soils. Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, Carefree, Ariz., 2-6 April 2006, 2: 2570–2581.
- Oh, W.T. and Vanapalli, S.K. 2013. Interpreting the bearing capacity of unsaturated fine-grained soils using modified effective and total stress approaches. International Journal of Geomechanics, 13(6): 769–778. [CrossRef]
- Oshati, O. S., Valsangkar, A. J., Schriver, A. B. 2012. Performance of two cast-in-place box culverts under high embankments. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 49(12): 133–346.
- Seepage modeling with SEEP/W (2012). Geo-Slope International Ltd.
- Tomboy, O., De Vos, M., Charlier, R., Maertens, J., and Verbrugge, J.-C. Shear strength of unsaturated soil and its influence on slope stability. Proc. of the 1st European Conference, E-UNSAT 2008, 2-4 July 2008, Durham, United Kingdom: 459–464.
- Tu, X.B. Kwong, A.K.L., Dai, F.C. Tham, L.G. and Min, H. 2009. Field monitoring of rainfall infiltration in a loess slope and analysis of failure mechanism of rainfall-induced landslides. Engineering Geology, 105(1-2): 134–150. [CrossRef]
- Van Alboom, G. and Whenham, V. 2003. Soil investigation campaign at Limelette (Belgium): Results. Proc. of the 2nd Symposium on Screw Piles, May 7, Brussels, Belgium, 1: 21–70.
- Vanapalli, S.K., Fredlund, D.G., Pufahl, D.E. and Clifton, A.W. 1996. Model for the prediction of shear strength with respect to soil suction. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 33(3): 379–392. [CrossRef]
- Vanapalli, S.K. and Oh, W.T. 2012. Stability analysis of unsupported vertical trenches in unsaturated soils. Proc. of Geo-Congress 2012, ASCE, 25-29 March 2012, Oakland, CA: 2502–2511.
- Whenham, V., De Vos, V., Legrand, C., Charlier, R., Maertens, J. and Verbrugge, J.-C. 2007. Influence of soil suction on trench stability. Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Mechanics of Unsaturated Soils, Weimar, Germany March 7-9, 2007: 495–501.
- Widisinghe, S. and Sivakugan, N. 2014. Vertical stress isobars for trenches and mine stopes containing Granular Backfills. International Journal of Geomechanics, 14(2): 313–318. [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||12 September 2016|