- Ahlinhan M.F. and Achmus M. (2010). Experimental investigation of critical hydraulic gradients for unstable soils. International Conference on Scour and Erosion (ICSE-5), San Francisco, USA, 7-10 Nov. 2010: 599–608.
- ASTM D-2434 Standard test method for permeability of granular soils (constant head), in the Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04.09, ASTM Philadelphia.
- Burenkova V. V. (1993). Assessment of suffosion in noncohesive and graded soils. 1st International Conference on Filters in Geotechnical and Hydraulic Engineering: 357–360.
- CDA (2007). Canadian Dam Association: Dam Safety Guidelines.
- Garner S.J. and Fannin R.J. (2010). Understanding internal erosion: a decade of research following a sinkhole incident. International Journal of Hydropower and Dams, 17(3): 93–98.
- ICOLD (2013). 22 January 2013 pre-print of the International Commission on Large Dams Bulletin 164: Internal erosion of existing dams, levees and dikes and their foundations, Vol. 1: Internal erosion processes and engineering assessment, 151p.
- Kenney T.C. and Lau D. (1985). Internal stability of granular filters. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 22: 215–225. [CrossRef]
- Kenney T.C. and Lau D. (1986). Internal stability of granular filters: Reply. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 23: 420–423. [CrossRef]
- Kezdi A. (1979). Soil physics – selected topics. Elsevier Scientific Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 160p.
- Li M. 2008. Seepage induced instability in widely graded soils. Ph.D. thesis, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 300p.
- Li M., and Fannin R.J. (2008). Comparison of two criteria for internal stability of granular soil. Canadian Geotechnical Journal 45: 1303–1309. [CrossRef]
- Moffat R. (2005) Experiments on the internal stability of widely graded cohesionless soils. Ph.D. thesis, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 279p.
- Moffat R. and Fannin R.J. (2006). A large permeameter for study of internal stability in cohesionless soils. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 29: 273–279.
- Ronnqvist H. (2010). Predicting surfacing internal erosion in moraine core dams. Licentiate thesis, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, 197p.
- Sail Y., Marot D. Sibille L. and Alexis A. (2011). Suffusion tests on cohesionless granular matter. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, 15:799–817.
- Sherard J.L. (1979). Sinkholes in dams of coarse, broadly graded soils. Trans. 13th Int. Cong. on Large Dams, New Dehli, Vol. 2: 25–34.
- Terzaghi K. (1939). Soil mechanics: a new chapter in engineering science. J. Instn. Civ. Engrs., 12: 106–141. [CrossRef]
- USBR (2011). US Bureau of Reclamation, Design Standards No. 13, Embankment dams: Chapter 5, Protective Filters. 254p.
- Wan C.F., and Fell R. (2008). Assessing the potential of internal instability and suffusion in embankment dams and their foundations. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 134:401–407. [CrossRef]
E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Dams and Dykes|
|Published online||12 September 2016|