E3S Web Conf.
Volume 211, 2020The 1st JESSD Symposium: International Symposium of Earth, Energy, Environmental Science and Sustainable Development 2020
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Sustainable Cities and Communities|
|Published online||25 November 2020|
Socio-cultural structure of transmigrant communities in the Salimbatu Area for accelerating regional development of Bulungan Regency, Indonesia
School of Environmental Science, Universitas Indonesia, Central Jakarta 10430, Indonesia
* Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulungan Regency as the capital of North Kalimantan Province needs accelerated development to realize its vision as an industrial-based food center. Among the aspects that still need to be worked out are the availability of human resources (HR) as the main driver of the regional economy. It is hoped that the presence of the Transmigrant Community with an agricultural background in the Salimbatu area can make a positive contribution to efforts to accelerate development in Bulungan Regency. By using a combination of literature review study methods reinforced with GIS analysis, this study seeks to reveal the socio-cultural structure of the people in the Salimbatu Transmigration Area and its contribution to improving the agricultural sector to accelerate regional development. The results obtained from this study indicate that the presence of the Transmigrant Community in the Salimbatu area has a proportion where 54.35% of them are native Bulungan people, while the remaining 45.65% are migrants through the Transmigration program. The socio-cultural proportion of the peasant community through the transmigration program to strengthen the regional economy in the agricultural sector in Bulungan Regency currently has not had an optimal impact.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2020
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.