E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Advances in Experimental Methods: Mechanical Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- H.B. Seed, I.M. Idriss, Berkeley: Earthquake Engineering Research Center. Soil Moduli and Damping Factors for Dynamic Response Analyses. 70(1970) [Google Scholar]
- B.O Hardin, V.P. Drnevich, Journal of Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, Proceedings of ASCE. Shear modulus and damping in soils: design equations and curves. 98 667–692 (1972) [Google Scholar]
- M. Doroudian, M. Vucetic. Geotechnical Testing Journal. A Direct Simple Shear Device for Measuring Small-Strain Behavior. 1869–85 (1995) [Google Scholar]
- S. Oztoprak, M.D. Bolton, Géotechnique. Stiffness of sands through a laboratory test database. 6354–70 (2013) [Google Scholar]
- A.W. Bishop. Teknisk Ukeblad I Samarbeide Med Teknikk. The principle of effective stress. 106 859–863 (1959) [Google Scholar]
- N. Lu, W.J. Likos, Unsaturated Soil Mechanics (2004) [Google Scholar]
- M.A. van Genuchten, Soil Science Society of America Journal. Closed Form Equation for Predicting the Hydraulic Conductivity of Unsaturated Soils. 58 647–652 (1980) [Google Scholar]
- N. Lu, J. Godt, D. Wu, Water Research Journal. A closed-form equation for effective stress in unsaturated soil. 46 1–14 (2010) [Google Scholar]
- E.A.M. Marinho, R.J. Chandler, and M.S. Crilly 1995. “Stiffness Measurements on an Unsaturated High Plasticity Clay using Bender Elements.” Proc. of the First International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, UNSAT ‘95, Paris, France, 6-8 September 1995. A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Vol. 2. 535–539. [Google Scholar]
- C. Mancuso, R. Vassallo, and A. d’Onofrio (2002). “Small Strain Behavior of a Silty Sand in Controlled-Suction Resonant Column-Torsional Shear Tests.” Canadian Geotechnical Journal. CGJ. Vol. 39, No. 1, 22–31. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Ghayoomi and J.S. McCartney 2011. “Measurement of Small-Strain Shear Moduli of Partially Saturated Sand during Infiltration in a Geotechnical Centrifuge.” ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 34(5), 1–12. [Google Scholar]
- L.R. Hoyos, E.A. Suescun-Florez, and A.J. Puppala 2015. “Stiffness of Intermediate Unsaturated Soil From Simultaneous Suction-Controlled Resonant Column and bender Element Testing.” Engineering Geology, 188, 10–28. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Biglari, M.K. Jafari, A. Shafiee, C. Mancuso, and A. d’Onofrio 2011. “Shear Modulus and Damping Ratio of Unsaturated Kaolin Measured by New Suction-Controlled Cyclic Triaxial Device”, ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 34 (5), 1–12. [Google Scholar]
- M. Ghayoomi, G. Suprunenko, and M. Mirshekari (Under Review) Cyclic Triaxial Test to Measure Strain-Dependent Shear Modulus of Unsaturated Sand, ASCE International Journal of Geomechanics. [Google Scholar]
- W. Kjellman. Géotechnique. Testing the Shear Strength of Clay in Sweden. 2 225–232 (1951) [Google Scholar]
- K. Terzhaghi, R.B. Peck, Soil Mechanics in Engineering Practice. (1948) [Google Scholar]
- K.H. Roscoe. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering. An Apparatus for the Application of Simple Shear to Soil Samples. 186–191 (1953) [Google Scholar]
- P.M. Duku, J.P. Stewart, D.H Whang, R. Venugopal, L.D. Suits, T.C. Sheahan. Geotechnical Testing Journal. Digitally Controlled Simple Shear Apparatus for Dynamic Soil Testing. 30 (2007) [Google Scholar]
- H.J. Miller, Development of Instrumentation to study effects of aging on the small strain behavior of sands. Dissertation – UNH. (1994) [Google Scholar]
- A. Dunstan, Laboratory Simulation of Earthquake Loading on Clay. M. Thesis – UNH. (1998) [Google Scholar]
- J. Hargy, Measuring Residual Strength of Liquefied Soil with the Ring Shear Device. M. Thesis – UNH. (2011) [Google Scholar]
- M. Ghayoomi, J.S McCartney. Special Issue on Advances in Experimental Characterization of Unsaturated Soils, Volume 1. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal. Measurement of the Small-Strain Shear Moduli of Partially-Saturated Sands during Infiltration in a Geotechnical Centrifuge. 34 503–513 (2011) [Google Scholar]
- G. Suprunenko and M. Ghayoomi (2015) Suction-Controlled Cyclic Triaxial Apparatus for Measurement of Dynamic Properties of Unsaturated Soils, the XV Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Buenos Aires, Argentina. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.