E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Advances in Experimental Methods: Mechanical Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- H.B. Seed, I.M. Idriss, Berkeley: Earthquake Engineering Research Center. Soil Moduli and Damping Factors for Dynamic Response Analyses. 70(1970)
- B.O Hardin, V.P. Drnevich, Journal of Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, Proceedings of ASCE. Shear modulus and damping in soils: design equations and curves. 98 667–692 (1972)
- M. Doroudian, M. Vucetic. Geotechnical Testing Journal. A Direct Simple Shear Device for Measuring Small-Strain Behavior. 1869–85 (1995)
- S. Oztoprak, M.D. Bolton, Géotechnique. Stiffness of sands through a laboratory test database. 6354–70 (2013)
- A.W. Bishop. Teknisk Ukeblad I Samarbeide Med Teknikk. The principle of effective stress. 106 859–863 (1959)
- N. Lu, W.J. Likos, Unsaturated Soil Mechanics (2004)
- M.A. van Genuchten, Soil Science Society of America Journal. Closed Form Equation for Predicting the Hydraulic Conductivity of Unsaturated Soils. 58 647–652 (1980)
- N. Lu, J. Godt, D. Wu, Water Research Journal. A closed-form equation for effective stress in unsaturated soil. 46 1–14 (2010)
- E.A.M. Marinho, R.J. Chandler, and M.S. Crilly 1995. “Stiffness Measurements on an Unsaturated High Plasticity Clay using Bender Elements.” Proc. of the First International Conference on Unsaturated Soils, UNSAT ‘95, Paris, France, 6-8 September 1995. A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Vol. 2. 535–539.
- C. Mancuso, R. Vassallo, and A. d’Onofrio (2002). “Small Strain Behavior of a Silty Sand in Controlled-Suction Resonant Column-Torsional Shear Tests.” Canadian Geotechnical Journal. CGJ. Vol. 39, No. 1, 22–31. [CrossRef]
- M. Ghayoomi and J.S. McCartney 2011. “Measurement of Small-Strain Shear Moduli of Partially Saturated Sand during Infiltration in a Geotechnical Centrifuge.” ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 34(5), 1–12.
- L.R. Hoyos, E.A. Suescun-Florez, and A.J. Puppala 2015. “Stiffness of Intermediate Unsaturated Soil From Simultaneous Suction-Controlled Resonant Column and bender Element Testing.” Engineering Geology, 188, 10–28. [CrossRef]
- M. Biglari, M.K. Jafari, A. Shafiee, C. Mancuso, and A. d’Onofrio 2011. “Shear Modulus and Damping Ratio of Unsaturated Kaolin Measured by New Suction-Controlled Cyclic Triaxial Device”, ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 34 (5), 1–12.
- M. Ghayoomi, G. Suprunenko, and M. Mirshekari (Under Review) Cyclic Triaxial Test to Measure Strain-Dependent Shear Modulus of Unsaturated Sand, ASCE International Journal of Geomechanics.
- W. Kjellman. Géotechnique. Testing the Shear Strength of Clay in Sweden. 2 225–232 (1951)
- K. Terzhaghi, R.B. Peck, Soil Mechanics in Engineering Practice. (1948)
- K.H. Roscoe. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering. An Apparatus for the Application of Simple Shear to Soil Samples. 186–191 (1953)
- P.M. Duku, J.P. Stewart, D.H Whang, R. Venugopal, L.D. Suits, T.C. Sheahan. Geotechnical Testing Journal. Digitally Controlled Simple Shear Apparatus for Dynamic Soil Testing. 30 (2007)
- H.J. Miller, Development of Instrumentation to study effects of aging on the small strain behavior of sands. Dissertation – UNH. (1994)
- A. Dunstan, Laboratory Simulation of Earthquake Loading on Clay. M. Thesis – UNH. (1998)
- J. Hargy, Measuring Residual Strength of Liquefied Soil with the Ring Shear Device. M. Thesis – UNH. (2011)
- M. Ghayoomi, J.S McCartney. Special Issue on Advances in Experimental Characterization of Unsaturated Soils, Volume 1. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal. Measurement of the Small-Strain Shear Moduli of Partially-Saturated Sands during Infiltration in a Geotechnical Centrifuge. 34 503–513 (2011)
- G. Suprunenko and M. Ghayoomi (2015) Suction-Controlled Cyclic Triaxial Apparatus for Measurement of Dynamic Properties of Unsaturated Soils, the XV Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.