E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Water Retention Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- M.V. Villar. MX-80 Bentonite. Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Characterisation Performed at CIEMAT in the Context of the Prototype Project. Informes Técnicos Ciemat, 1053. (2005).
- M.V. Villar, A. Lloret Influence of temperature on the hydro-mechanical behaviour of a compacted bentonite. Applied Clay Science 26, pp. 337–350 (2004). [CrossRef]
- P. Delage, D. Marcial, Y. J. Cui & X. Ruiz Ageing effects in a compacted bentonite: a microstructure approach. Geotechnique 56 (5), pp. 291–304, (2006). [CrossRef]
- M.V. Villar. Water retention of two natural compacted bentonites. Clay Clay Miner. 55 (3), pp. 311–322, (2007).
- D. Marcial, P. Delage, Y.J. Cui. Hydromechanical couplings in confined MX80 bentonite during hydration. Unsaturated Soils: Advances in Geo-Engineering – Toll et al. (eds), pp. 249–255, (2008).
- A. Seiphoori, A. Ferrari, L. Laloui. Water retention behaviour and microstructural evolution of MX-80 bentonite during wetting and drying cycles. Géotechnique 64(9), pp. 721–734, (2014). [CrossRef]
- S. Saba, J.D. Barnichon, Y.J. Cui, A.M. Tang, P. Delage. Microstructure and anisotropic swelling behaviour of compacted bentonite/sand mixture. J. Rock Mech. Geotech. Eng. 6(2), pp. 126–132. (2014) [CrossRef]
- Gatabin C., Talandier J., Collin F., Charlier R., Dieudonné A-C. Competing effects of volume change and water uptake on the water retention behaviour of a compacted MX-80 bentonite/sand mixture. Applied Clay Science, 121–122, pp. 57–62 (2016). [CrossRef]
- R. Bulut, R. Lytton, W. Wray. Suction measurements by filter paper method. American Society of Civil Engineers Geotechnical Special Publication No. 115 pp 243–261 (2001).
- ASTM D 5298: Standard test method for measurement of soil potential (suction) using filter paper. West Conshohocken, PA, USA: ASTM International, (2010).
- A.P. Hamblin. Filter paper method for routine measurements of field water potencial. Journal of Hydrology, 53, pp. 355–360 (1981). [CrossRef]
- E.C. Leong, L. He, H. Rahardjo. Factors Affecting the Filter Paper Method for Total and Matric Suction Measurements. Geotechnical Testing Journal, 25, 3 pp 321–332 (2002).
- M.T. van Genuchten. A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., pp. 892–898 (1980). [CrossRef]
- D.G. Fredlund, H. Rahardjo, M.D. Fredlund. Unsaturated Soil Mechanics in Engineering Practice. Wiley, Hoboken, (2012). [CrossRef]
- A.S. Acikel, R.M. Singh, A. Bouazza, W.P. Gates, R.K. Rowe. Applicability and accuracy of the initially dry and initially wet contact filter paper tests for matric suction measurement of geosynthetic clay liners. Géotechnique 65(9), pp. 780–787, (2015). [CrossRef]
- J.A. Munoz-Castelblanco, J.M. Pereira, P. Delage, Y.J. Cui. The water retention properties of a natural unsaturated loess from northern France. Géotechnique 62(2), pp. 95–106, (2012). [CrossRef]
- R. Fawcett, N. Collis-George. A filter-paper method for determining the moisture characteristics of soil. Aust. J. Expl. Agric. 7(25), pp. 162–167, (1967). [CrossRef]
- A.M. Ridley. Discussion on ‘Laboratory filter paper suction measurements’ by S. L. Houston, W. N. Houston and A. M. Wagner. Geotech. Testing J. 18(3), 391–396, (1995). [CrossRef]
- B.A. Harrison, G.E. Blight. The effect of filter paper and psychrometer calibration techniques on soil suction measurements. Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on unsaturated soils, Beijing, China, pp. 362–367, (1998).
- S. Tripathy, M.Y. Tadza, H.R. Thomas. Soil-water characteristic curves of clays. Can. Geotech. J. 51, 869–883 (2014). [CrossRef]
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.