E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Dams and Dykes|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- Ahlinhan M.F. and Achmus M. (2010). Experimental investigation of critical hydraulic gradients for unstable soils. International Conference on Scour and Erosion (ICSE-5), San Francisco, USA, 7-10 Nov. 2010: 599–608.
- ASTM D-2434 Standard test method for permeability of granular soils (constant head), in the Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04.09, ASTM Philadelphia.
- Burenkova V. V. (1993). Assessment of suffosion in noncohesive and graded soils. 1st International Conference on Filters in Geotechnical and Hydraulic Engineering: 357–360.
- CDA (2007). Canadian Dam Association: Dam Safety Guidelines.
- Garner S.J. and Fannin R.J. (2010). Understanding internal erosion: a decade of research following a sinkhole incident. International Journal of Hydropower and Dams, 17(3): 93–98.
- ICOLD (2013). 22 January 2013 pre-print of the International Commission on Large Dams Bulletin 164: Internal erosion of existing dams, levees and dikes and their foundations, Vol. 1: Internal erosion processes and engineering assessment, 151p.
- Kenney T.C. and Lau D. (1985). Internal stability of granular filters. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 22: 215–225. [CrossRef]
- Kenney T.C. and Lau D. (1986). Internal stability of granular filters: Reply. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 23: 420–423. [CrossRef]
- Kezdi A. (1979). Soil physics – selected topics. Elsevier Scientific Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 160p.
- Li M. 2008. Seepage induced instability in widely graded soils. Ph.D. thesis, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 300p.
- Li M., and Fannin R.J. (2008). Comparison of two criteria for internal stability of granular soil. Canadian Geotechnical Journal 45: 1303–1309. [CrossRef]
- Moffat R. (2005) Experiments on the internal stability of widely graded cohesionless soils. Ph.D. thesis, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 279p.
- Moffat R. and Fannin R.J. (2006). A large permeameter for study of internal stability in cohesionless soils. ASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal, 29: 273–279.
- Ronnqvist H. (2010). Predicting surfacing internal erosion in moraine core dams. Licentiate thesis, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, 197p.
- Sail Y., Marot D. Sibille L. and Alexis A. (2011). Suffusion tests on cohesionless granular matter. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, 15:799–817.
- Sherard J.L. (1979). Sinkholes in dams of coarse, broadly graded soils. Trans. 13th Int. Cong. on Large Dams, New Dehli, Vol. 2: 25–34.
- Terzaghi K. (1939). Soil mechanics: a new chapter in engineering science. J. Instn. Civ. Engrs., 12: 106–141. [CrossRef]
- USBR (2011). US Bureau of Reclamation, Design Standards No. 13, Embankment dams: Chapter 5, Protective Filters. 254p.
- Wan C.F., and Fell R. (2008). Assessing the potential of internal instability and suffusion in embankment dams and their foundations. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 134:401–407. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.