E3S Web Conf.
Volume 152, 20202019 International Conference on Power, Energy and Electrical Engineering (PEEE 2019)
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Section||Renewable Energy and Energy Engineering|
|Published online||14 February 2020|
- Eurostat. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat. (Accesed 9 july 2019. [Google Scholar]
- International Energy Agency (IEA). https://www.iea.org/. Key world energy trends, except from: renewables information. [Google Scholar]
- Menendez J, Loredo J, Fernandez-Oro J, Galdo M. Underground pumped-storage hydropower plants with mine water in abandoned coal mines. In: Proceedings of the IMWA 13th International Congress, 2017; pp. 6–13. [Google Scholar]
- Winde F, Kaiser F, Erasmus E. Exploring the use of deep level gold mines in South Africa for underground pumped hydroelectric energy storage schemes. Renew Sustain Energy Rev 2016;78:668–82 https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.04.116. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Menendez J, Loredo J, Fernandez-Oro JM, Galdo M. Energy storage in underground coal mines in NW Spain: Assessment of an underground lower water reservoir and preliminary energy balance. Renew. Energy 2019; 134:1381–1391. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2018.09.042 [Google Scholar]
- Pujades E, Orban P, Bodeux S, Archambeau P, Erpicum S, Dassargues A. Underground pumped storage hydropower plants using open pit mines: how do groundwater exchanges influence the efficiency? Appl Energy 2017;190:135–46. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.12.093 [Google Scholar]
- Menendez J, Ordóñez A, Álvarez R, Loredo J. Energy from closed mines: Underground energy storage and geothermal applications. Renew Sustainable Energy Rev 2019;108:498–512. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2019.04.007. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Madlener R, Specht JM. An exploratory economic analysis of underground pumped-storage hydro power plants in abandoned coal mines. Aachen: Institute for Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior Working Paper No. 2/2013; 2013. Availablefrom: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstact_id=2350106. [Google Scholar]
- Wong IH. An underground pumped storage scheme in the bukit Timah granite of Singapore. Tunn Undergr Space Technol 1996;11(4):485–9. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Uddin, N., Asce, M., 2003. Preliminary design of an underground reservoir for pumped storage. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 21: 331. Doi: 10.1023/B:GEGE.0000006058.79137.e2 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Menendez J, Loredo J. Use of closured open pit and underground coal mines for energy generation: Application to the Asturias Central Coal Basin (Spain). E3S Web of Conferences 2019; 80: 01005. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20198001005 [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [Google Scholar]
- Hall A, Scott JA, Shang H. Geothermal energy recovery from underground mines. Renew Sustainable Energy Rev 2011;15:916–24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2010.11.007 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Menendez J, Ordóñez A, Fernandez-Oro JM, Loredo J, Díaz-Aguado M.B. Feasibility analysis of using mine water from abandoned coal mines in Spain for heating and cooling of buildings. Renew Energy 2020;146:1166–1176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2019.07.054 [Google Scholar]
- Peralta E, Breede K, Falcone G. Geothermal heat recovery from abandoned mines: a systematic review of projects implemented worldwide and a methodology for screening new projects. Environ Earth Sci 2015;73:6783–6795. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12665-015-4285-y. [Google Scholar]
- Menendez J, Fernandez-Oro JM, Galdo M, Loredo J. Pumped-storage hydropower plants with underground reservoir: Influence of air pressure on the efficiency of the Francis turbine and energy production. Renew. Energy 2019;143:1427–1438. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2019.05.099 [Google Scholar]
- Hirt C, Nichols B. Volume of fluid (VOF) method for the dynamics of free boundaries. J Comput Phys 1981;39:201–25.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(81)90145-5 [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.