E3S Web Conf.
Volume 187, 2020The 13th Thai Society of Agricultural Engineering International Conference (TSAE 2020)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Energy and Environment|
|Published online||08 September 2020|
Influence of blending proportions of Teak Sawdust and Cajuput leaves on characteristics of biomass pellets
1 KMITL Prince of Chumphon Campus, Mechanical Engineering Department, 17/1 M.6 Chumkho Pathiu Chumphon, Thailand
2 KMITL Prince of Chumphon Campus, Technology Management for Plant Production Department, 17/1 M.6 Chumkho Pathiu Chumphon, Thailand
* Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fuel pellets made from biomass is considered as a solid fuel that is also an alternative fuel which can substitute for the current fuels and can be considered as a fuel that has sustainable production. This research is the study of the production of fuel pellets from Teak sawdust blends with Cajuput leaves at five proportions by weight of Teak sawdust 100%, Cajuput leaves 100%, Teak sawdust 75% +Cajuput leaves 25%, Teak sawdust 50% +Cajuput leaves 50%, Teak sawdust 25% +Cajuput leaves 75% . The pellets were produced by a grinding and pelleting machine at three different speeds of 200, 250, and 300 rpm. After that, the quality of fuel pellets was evaluated by the physical properties as pellet dimensions, particles and bulk density, as well as moisture content and durability. The results show that blending proportion of Teak sawdust 75% and Cajuput leaves 25% provided the appropriate fuel pellet properties.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2020
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.