E3S Web of Conferences
Volume 1, 2013Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Heavy Metals in Waste and Wastewater|
|Published online||23 April 2013|
- APHA, AWWA, WPCF (1995). Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. 20th ed., American Public Health Association, Washington, DC, USA, p. 20005.
- Azouaou, N., Sadaoui, Z., Djaafri, A., Mokaddem, H. (2010). Adsorption of cadmium from aqueous solution onto untreated coffee grounds: Equilibrium, kinetics and thermodynamics. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 184, 126–134. [CrossRef]
- Babel, S., Kurniawan, T.A. (2003). Low-cost adsorbents for heavy metals uptake from contaminated water: A review. Journal of Hazardous Materials 97, 219–243. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Baek, M.-H., Olakitan Ijagbemi, C., O, S.-J., Kim, D.-S. (2010). Removal of malachite green from aqueous solution using degreased coffee bean. Journal of Hazardous Materials 176, 820–828. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bailey, S.E., Olin, T.J., Brick, R.M., Adrian, D.D. (1999). A review of potentially low-cost sorbents for heavy metals. Water Research, 33, 2469–2479. [CrossRef]
- Balistrieri, L.S., Murray, J.W. (1981). The surface chemistry of goethite (αFeOOH) in major ion seawater. American Journal of Science, 281, 788–806. [CrossRef]
- Djati Utomo, H., Hunter, K.A. (2006). Adsorption of heavy metals by exhausted coffee grounds as a potential treatment method for waste waters. e-Journal of Surface Science and Nanotechnology, 4, 504–506. [CrossRef]
- Ho, Y.S., Ng, J.C.Y., McKay, G. (2000). Kinetics of Pollutant Sorption by Biosorbents: Review. Separation and Purification Methods, 29, 189–232. [CrossRef]
- Kinniburgh, D.G. (1986). General purpose adsorption isotherms. Environmental Science and Technology, 20, 895–904. [CrossRef]
- Kyzas, G.Z., Kostoglou, M., Lazaridis, N.K. (2009). Copper and chromium(VI) removal by chitosan derivatives-Equilibrium and kinetic studies. ICHMET 2012 Chemical Engineering Journal, 152, 440–448.
- Mohan, D., Singh, K.P., Singh, V.K. (2003). Removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions using low-cost activated carbons derived from agricultural waste materials and activated carbon fabric cloth. Industrial Engineering Chemical Research, 44, 1027–1042. [CrossRef]
- Mussatto, S.I., Machado, E.M.S., Martins, S., Teixeira, J.A. (2011). Production, composition and application of coffee and its industrial residues. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 4, 661–672. [CrossRef]
- Nuhoglu, Y., Oguz, E. (2003). Removal of copper(II) from aqueous solutions by biosorption on the biomass of Thuja orientalis. Process Biochemistry, 38, 1627–1631. [CrossRef]
- Oliveira, W.E., Franca, A.S., Oliveira, L.S., Rocha, S.D. (2008). Untreated coffee husks as biosorbents for the removal of heavy metals from aqueous solutions. Journal Hazardous Materials, 152, 1073–1081. [CrossRef]
- Prasanna Kumar, Y., King, P., Prasad, V.S.R.K. (2006). Equilibrium and kinetic studies for the biosorption system of copper(II) ion from aqueous solution using Tectona grandis L.f. leaves powder. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 137, 1211–1217. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wang, L., Wang, A. (2008). Adsorption properties of congo red from aqueous solution onto N,O- carboxymethyl-chitosan. Bioresource Technology, 99 1403–1408. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.