E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Performance and behaviour of flood defences|
|Published online||20 October 2016|
- M. Foster, R. Fell, and M. Spannagle, “The statistics of embankment dam failures and accidents,” Can. Geotech. J., vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1000–1024, 2000. [CrossRef]
- ICOLD, “Bulletin 164 - Internal erosion of existing dams, levees and dikes, and their foundations. Volume 1: Internal erosion processes and engineering assessment,” 2015.
- K. S. Richards and K. R. Reddy, “Critical appraisal of piping phenomena in earth dams,” Bull. Eng. Geol. Environ., vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 381–402, Jul. 2007. [CrossRef]
- S. Bonelli, Erosion in Geomechanics Applied to Dams and Levees. Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013. [CrossRef]
- M. E. Glynn and J. K. Kuszmaul, “Prediction of Piping Erosion Along Middle Mississippi River Levees--An Empirical Model (Sept 2004, Revised 2010),” Vicksburg, 2004.
- J. H. Schmertmann, “The No-Filter Factor of Safety Against Piping Through Sands,” in Judgment and Innovation, F. Silva and E. J. Kavazanijian, eds. American Society of Civil Engineers, 2000, pp. 65–133. [CrossRef]
- J. B. Sellmeijer, On the Mechanism of Piping under Impervious Structures, Delft University of Technology, 1988.
- USACE and USBR, “Internal erosion risks,” in Best Practices in Risk Assessment for Dams and Levees, 2012 ed., Denver, CO, 2012.
- E. Goodarzi, “Estimating probability of failure due to internal erosion with event tree analysis,” Electron. J. Geotech. Eng., vol. 15, pp. 935–948, 2010.
- J. D. Rice and L. Polanco, “Reliability-based underseepage analysis in levees using a response surface-monte carlo simulation method,” J. Geotech. Geoenvironmental Eng., 2012.
- T. F. Wolff, Evaluating the reliability of existing levees, Vicksburg, MS, USA, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, 1994.
- E. W. Lane, “Security from under-seepage masonry dams on earth foundations,” Trans. ASCE, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 1235–1272, 1935.
- W. G. Bligh, “Dams, barrages and weirs on porous foundations,” Eng. Rec., vol. 64, no. 26, pp. 708–710, 1910.
- H. Sellmeijer, J. López, D. Cruz, V. M. van Beek, and H. Knoeff, “Fine-tuning of the backward erosion piping model through small-scale, medium-scale, and IJkdijk experiments,” Eur. J. Environ. Civ. Eng., vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1139–1154, 2011. [CrossRef]
- B. A. Robbins and V. M. van Beek, “Backward erosion piping : A historical review and discussion of influential factors,” in ASDSO Dam Safety, New Orleans, LA, USA 2015, pp. 1–20.
- J. Lopez de la Cruz, E. Calle, and T. Schweckendiek, “Calibration of piping assessment models in the Netherlands,” in International Symposium on Geotechnical Risk and Safety, 2011, pp. 587–595.
- T. Schweckendiek, On Reducing Piping Uncertainties: A Bayesian Decision Approach, Delft University of Technology, 2014.
- K. Roscoe and A. Hanea, “Bayesian networks in levee system reliability,” in 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, no. 1., 2015.
- J. H. Schmertmann, Report on Flume Tests for Piping and Scour Erosion of HL-2 Sands, 1995.
- F. Townsend, J. H. Schmertmann, T. J. Logan, T. J. Pietrus, and Y. W. Wong, “An Analytical and Experimental Investigation of a Quantitative Theory for Piping in Sand,” Gainesville, Florida, 1981.
- F. Townsend and J.-M. Shiau, Analytical and Experimental Evaluation of Piping and Filter Design for Sands, Gainseville, FL, 1986.
- J. M. de Wit, Research Report on Sand Boil Model Tests, Delft, Netherlands, 1984.
- J. Weijers and J. Sellmeijer, “A new model to deal with the piping mechanism,” Filters in Geotech. Hydraul. Eng., pp. 349–355, 1993.
- I. Kohno, M. Nishigaki, and Y. Takeshita, “Levee failure caused by seepage and preventetive measures,” Nat. Disaster Sci., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 55–76, 1987.
- H. Muller-Kirchenbauer, M. Rankl, and C. Schlotzer, “Mechanism for regressive erosion beneath dams and barrages,” in Filters in Geotechnical and Hydraulic Engineering, 1993, pp. 369–376.
- V. M. van Beek, Backward Erosion Piping: Initiation and Progression, Technische Universiteit Delft, 2015.
- R. Koenker and K. Hallock, “Quantile regression: An introduction,” J. Econ. Perspect., vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 43–56, 2001. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.