E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Loss-of-life estimation and modelling|
|Published online||20 October 2016|
- Abt S.R., Wittler R.J., Taylor A., Love D.J. (1989) Human stability in a high flood hazard zone, Water Resources BulletinVol. 25 No.4, pp. 881–890 [CrossRef]
- A. Barendregt, J.M. van Noortwijk, M.F.A.M. van Maarseveen, S.I.A. Tutert, M.H.P. Zuidgeest and K.M. van Zuilekom. (2002) Evacuation in case of possible flood (in Dutch). HKV lijn in water and University of Twente.
- Clausen, L.K. (1989) Potential Dam Failure: Estimation of Consequences, and Implications for Planning. Unpublished M.Phil. thesis at the School of Geography and Planning at Middlesex Polytechnic collaborating with Binnie and Partners, Redhill.
- BC Hydro. (2006) BC Hydro Life safety modeling environment V2.0 beta User manual.
- di Mauro M, de Bruijn K.M., Meloni M. (2012) Quantitative methods for estimating flood fatalities: towards the introduction of loss-of-life estimation in the assessment of flood risk. Natural Hazards, Vol. 63, 1083–1113. [CrossRef]
- Fiedler W., Osmun D., Engemoen W., Feinberg B. (2014) Reclamations’ new life loss estimation methodology. Paper presented at the 34th annual USSD conference, San Francisco 2014.
- T. Grothmann and F. Reusswig. (2006) People at risk of flooding: why some residents take precautionary action while others do not. Natural Hazards, Vol. 38, pp 101–120. [CrossRef]
- Graham, WJ (1999) A procedure for estimating loss of life caused by dam failure. Dam safety office report DSO-99–6
- Gwynne, S., Galea, E.R., Owen, M., P.J. Lawrence (2002). An investigation of the aspects of occupant behaviour required for evacuation modeling. Edited by P.R. DeCicco. Vol. 2, Evacuation from fires. New York: Baywood Publishing Company, Inc., Amityville.
- IPET (Interagency Performance Evaluation Task Force) (2007) Performance evaluation of the New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana hurricane protection system—volume VII: the consequences, Final report 26 March 2007
- Kolen B. (2013) Certainty of uncertainty in evacuation for threat driven responses, Principles of adaptive evacuation management for flood risk planning in the Netherlands. PhD Thesis University of Nijmegen.
- Johnstone W.M., Sakamoto D., Assaf H., Bourban S. (2005) Architecture, Modelling framework and validation of BC Hydro’s Virtual Reality Life Safety Model, in: Vrijling et al. (eds.) Proceedings of the International Symposium on Stochastic Hydraulics, May 23, 24 2005, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Jonkman, S.N., Penning-Rowsell, E. (2008) Human instability in flood flows, Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA)Vol. 44 No. 4 August 1008, pp. 1–11 [CrossRef]
- Jonkman, S.N. (2007) Loss of life estimation in flood risk assessment. Theory and applications. PhD thesisy Delft Universit (354 pag.)
- Jonkman, S.N., Hiel, L.A., Bea, R.G., Foster, H., Tsioulou, A., Arroyo, P., Stallard, T., Harris, L. (2012) Integrated Risk Assessment for the Natomas Basin (CA) Analysis of Loss of Life and Emergency Management for Floods. ASCE Natural Hazards Review,Vol. 13/4 (November 2012), pp. 297–309. [CrossRef]
- Jonkman, S.N., Maaskant, B., Kolen, B., Zethof, M., Lehman, W. (2013b) Loss of life, evacuation and emergency management–comparison and application to case studies in the USA. Final draft Research Report Delft University of Technology.
- Jonkman, S.N., Vrijling, J.K., Vrouwenvelder, A.C.W.M. (2008) Methods for the estimation of loss of life due to floods: A literature review and a proposal for a new method, Natural Hazards,Vol.46/3,pp. 353–389 [CrossRef]
- Jonkman, S.N. (2013a) Review of case histories. Working document
- Kolen, B., Kok, M., Helsloot, I. and Maaskant., B. (2012) EvacuAid: a probabilistic evacuation model to determine the expected loss of life for different mass evacuation strategies. Risk Analysis doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.2012.01932.x.
- Lindell, M.K. and Perry., R. (1992) Behavioural Foundations of Community Emergency Planning. Washington DC: Hemisphere.
- Lindell, M.K., Prater, C.S., Perry, R.W. and Wu., J.Y. (2002) EMBLEM: an empirically based large-scale evacuation time estimate model: Hazard reduction & recovery center Texas A&M University.
- McClelland, D.M., Bowles, D.S. (1999) Life-loss estimation: what can we learn from case histories. In:Proc. of the Australian Committee on Large Dams (ANCOLD) Annual Meeting, Jindabyne, New South Wales, Australia.
- Mileti, DS. Sorensen, JH. (2015) A Guide to Public Alerts and Warnings for Dam and Levee Emergencies. USACE
- Mens, M.J.P., van der Vat, M. and Lumbroso., D. (2008) A comparison of evacuation models for flood event management: Application on the Schelde and Thames estuaries. In Flood Risk Management: Research and practice, edited by 2009 Samuels et al(eds.). London: Taylor & Francis Group.
- Pel, A.J., Bliemer, M.C.J. and Hoogendoorn., S.P. (2008). EVAQ: A New Analytical Model for Voluntary and Mandatory Evacuation Strategies on Time-varying Networks. In Proceedings of the 11th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems. Beijing, China.
- Pel., A.J. (2011) Transportation modelling for regional evacuations, Delft University of technology.
- Peng, M. Zhang, L. M. (2012) Analysis of human risks due to dam-break floods—part 1: a new model based on Bayesian networks Nat Hazards (2012) 64:903–933
- Pleijter, G., Kolen, B., Jonkman, S.N., Bouwman., A. (2015) Slimmer evacueren door overstromingen. Magazine Nationale Veiligheid en Crisisbeheersing. P55–56.
- Penning-Rowsell, E., Floyd, P., Ramsbottom, D., Surendran, S. (2005) Estimating injury and loss of life in floods: A deterministic framework, Natural Hazards Vol. 36 No. 1-2 pp. 43–64 [CrossRef]
- Petruccelli, U. (2003) Urban evacuation in seismic emergency conditions. ITE Journal; 73(8):25–30.
- Smith, G. and McLuckie, D. (2015) Delineating hazardous flood conditions to people and property. In: Proc. Of FMA conference, Brisbane Australia. http://www.floodplainconference.com/papers2015/Grantly%20Smith%20Full%20Paper.pdf
- Sorensen., J.H. (2000) Hazard warning systems: review of 20 years of progress. Natural hazard reviewed 1:119–125. [CrossRef]
- Tapsell, S.M. and Tunstall, S.M. (2008) ‘“I wish I’d never heard of Banbury”: the relationship between ‘place’ and the health impacts of flooding’. Health & Place(forthcoming June 2008) Vol. 14 (2), 133–154. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- USACE(2011a) HEC-FIA, Flood Impact Analysis Software, Draft certification report, November 2011
- van Zuilekom, K.M., van Maarseveen, M.F.A.M. and van der Doef., M.R. (2005) A Decision Support System for preventive evacuation of people. Geo-information for disaster management,edited by Zlatanova Van Oosterom, P., Fendel, S., E. M.: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Vinet, F., Lumbroso, D., Defossez, S., Boissier, L. (2012) A comparative analysis of the loss of life during two recent floods in France: the sea surge caused by the storm Xynthia and the flash flood in Var. Natural Hazards April 2012, Vol. 61/3, pp 1179–1201
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.