E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Vulnerability and societal resilience|
|Published online||20 October 2016|
- Environment Agency. (2014) Flood and coastal erosion risk management: Long-Term Investment Scenarios.
- DFID (2011) Defining Disaster Resilience: A DFID Approach Paper. London: Department for International Development. p6
- Twigger-Ross, C., Coates, T., Deeming, H., Orr, P., Ramsden, M. and Stafford, J. (2011) Community Resilience Research: Final Report on Theoretical research and analysis of Case Studies report to the Cabinet Office and Defence Science and Technology Laboratory. London: Collingwood Environmental Planning Ltd. p11.
- Norris, F.H., Stevens, S.P., Pfefferbauam, B., Wyche, K.F. and Pfefferbaum, R.L. (2008) ‘Community resilience as a metaphor, theory, set of capacities, and strategy for disaster readiness’, American Journal of Community Psychology, 41(1-2):127–150. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cutter, S.L., Burton, C.G. and Emrich, C.T. (2010) ‘Disaster Resilience Indicators for Benchmarking Baseline Conditions’, Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 7(1): 1–22. [CrossRef]
- Middlemiss, L. and Parrish, B. (2010) ‘Building capacity for low carbon-communities: the role of grassroots initiatives’. Energy Policy, 38(12): 7559–7566 [CrossRef]
- Young Foundation (2012) Adapting to Change: The Role of Community Resilience. London: The Young Foundation
- Cutter et al (2010). Op cit.
- The Young Foundation (2012). Op cit.
- Twigger-Ross, C., Orr, P., Brooks, K., Sadauskis, R., Deeming, H., Fielding, J., Harries, T., Johnston, R., Kashefi, E., McCarthy, S., Rees, Y. and Tapsell, S. (2015). Flood Resilience Community Pathfinder Evaluation. Final Report FD1664. Defra, 2015.
- Op cit. p149.
- Devon County Council (2015) Flood Resilience Community Pathfinder Project. Final Report April 2015. p16.
- Twigger-Ross et al. (2015). Op cit, p153
- Ibid, p154
- Ibid, p155–56
- Ibid, p157
- Cinderby, S., Haq, G., Cambridge, H. and Lock, K. (2014) Practical Action to Build Community Resilience: The Good Life Initiative in New Earswick. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- Twigger-Ross, C., Kashefi, E., Weldon, S., Brooks, K, Deeming, Hugh, Forrest, S., Fielding, J., Gomersall, A., Harries, T., McCarthy, S., Orr, P., Parker, D. and Tapsell, S. (2014) Flood Resilience Community Pathfinder Evaluation: Rapid Evidence Assessment. Project Report. London: Defra
- The Young Foundation (2012). Op cit.
- Hooghe, L. and Marks, G. (2003) ‘Unravelling the central state, but how? Types of multi-level governance’.American Political Science Review, 97(2): 233–243
- Twigger-Ross et al. (2015). Op cit, p131
- Uyttendaele, G., van der Craats, I., Schelfaut, K., Krywkow, J. and Mysiak, J. (2011) FREEMANFlood Resilience Enhancement and Management: a pilot study in Flanders, Germany and Italy. CRUE Final Report.
- Kuhlicke, C., Steinführer, A., Begg, C. & Luther, L. (2012): Toward More Resilient Societies in the Field of Natural Hazards: CapHaz-Net’s Lessons Learnt. CapHaz-Net WP10 Final Report. Available at: www.caphaz-net.org
- European Union (2007) Directive 2007/60/EC of 23 October 2007 on the assessment and management of flood risks. OJ 288/27
- Newig, J., Challies, E., Jager, N and Kochskämper, E. (2014) What Role for Public Participation in Implementing the EU Floods Directive? A Comparison With the Water Framework Directive, Early Evidence from Germany and a Research Agenda. Environmental Policy and Governance. Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 275–288, July/August 2014. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.