E3S Web Conf.
Volume 7, 20163rd European Conference on Flood Risk Management (FLOODrisk 2016)
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Section||Non-structural measures and instruments|
|Published online||20 October 2016|
- United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development. (2007). Indicator Profile for Percentage of Total Population Living in Coastal Areas.
- Kundzewicz Z., Mata L., Arnell N., Döll P., Kabat P., Jiménez B., Miller K., Oki T., Sen Z. and Shiklomanov I. (2007). Freshwater resources and their management. Climate Change 2007: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, pp. 173–210.
- Guha-Sapir D., Below R. and Hoyois P. (2015). EM-DAT: The CRED/OFDA International Disaster Database. Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium. www.emdat.be
- Liu A., Fellowes M and Mabanta M. (2006). Special edition of the Katrina Index: A one-year review of key indicators of recovery in post-storm New Orleans. Brookings Institution, Washington D.C., USA.
- Buoyant Foundation Project, Inc. www.buoyantfoundation.org.
- English E. (2009). Amphibious foundations and the buoyant foundation project: Innovative strategies for flood resilient housing. Proceedings of the International Conference on Urban Flood Management, UNESCO-IHP and COST Action C22, Paris, France, 25 – 27 November 2009.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. (2007). Criteria for Land Management and Use: Requirements for Flood Plain Management Regulations. ,Federal Emergency Management Agency Regulations, 60.3, p. 4. http://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/20130726-1622-20490-7844/section60_3.pdf
- Fenuta, Elizabeth. (2010). Amphibious Architectures: The Buoyant Foundation Project in Post-Katrina New Orleans (Master of Architecture Thesis, University of Waterloo, Canada). Retrieved from https://www.uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/handle/10012/568
- Prosun, Prithula. (2011). The LIFT House: an amphibious strategy for sustainable and affordable housing for urban poor in flood-prone Bangladesh (Master of Architecture Thesis, University of Waterloo, Canada). Retrieved from https://www.uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/handle/10012/5787.
- Hammond. G.P. and Jones C.I. (2008). Embodied energy and carbon in construction materials. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Energy 161. Issue EN2, pgs. 87-98. doi: 10.1680/ener.2008.161.2.87 [CrossRef]
- Turner S. and English E. (2015). Amphibious housing for vulnerable communities in Jamaica. Proceedings of the International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand, August 26 – 29 2015.
- Davenport C. and Robertson C. (2016). “Resettling the First American ‘Climate Refugees’”. The New York Times. May 3, 2016. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/03/us/resettling-the-first-american-climaterefugees.html?emc=edit_th_20160503&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=72460689&_r=2
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (2013). 2011 Flood: Technical Review of Lake Manitoba, Lake St. Martin and Assiniboine River Water Levels.
- Ropel-Morski Z., English E. and Turner S. (2015). Amphibious Housing: An Innovative Approach to Seasonal Flood Mitigation for Vulnerable First Nations Communities. Proceedings of the International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand August 26 – 29 2015.
- Bourdeau Jr, J. (2015). Loss Avoidance Studies. ASFPM Annual National Conference, Atlanta, USA, May 31 – June 5 2015.
- Sumanth S. and English E. (2015). A loss avoidance study of amphibious housing: A case study in southern Louisiana. Proceedings of the International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand August 26 – 29 2015.
- Cochran L., ed., (2012). Wind issues in the design of buildings. American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, Virginia. [CrossRef]
- Holmes J. (1994). Wind pressures on tropical housing. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamicsc 53(1-2), pp. 105–123. [CrossRef]
- English E., Friedland C., Orooji F. and Mahtani N. (2015). A new approach to combined flood and wind mitigation for hurricane damage prevention. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Wind Engineering, Porto Alegre, Brazil, June 21 – 26 2015.
- International Conference on Amphibious Architecture, Design and Engineering. (2016). ICAADE 2015. http://www.icaade.org
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.