E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Water Retention Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- Gallipoli, D., Wheeler, S. J., & Karstunen, M. 2003. Modelling the variation of degree of saturation in a deformable unsaturated soil. Géotechnique 53(1): 105–112. [CrossRef]
- Tarantino, A., and Tombolato, S. 2005. Coupling of hydraulic and mechanical behaviour in unsaturated compacted clay. Geotechnique, 55(4): 307–317. [CrossRef]
- Tarantino, A. 2009. A water retention model for deformable soils. Geotechnique, 59(9): 751–762. [CrossRef]
- Brooks, R.H., and Corey, A.T. 1964. Hydraulic properties of porous media. Hydrology Papers, Colorado State University(March).
- van Genuchten, M.T. 1980. A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 44(5): 892–898. [CrossRef]
- Fredlund, D.G., and Xing, A. 1994. Equations for the soil-water characteristic curve. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 31(4): 521–532. [CrossRef]
- Pasha, A.Y., Khoshghalb, A., and Khalili, N. 2016. Pitfalls in interpretation of gravimetric water content based soil water characteristic curve for deformable porous media. International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE - In print
- Wheeler, S.J., Sharma, R.S., and Buisson, M.S.R. 2003. Coupling of hydraulic hysteresis and stress-strain behaviour in unsaturated soils. Geotechnique, 53(1): 41–54. [CrossRef]
- Gallipoli, D. 2012. A hysteretic soil-water retention model accounting for cyclic variations of suction and void ratio. Geotechnique, 62(7): 605–616. [CrossRef]
- Nuth, M., and Laloui, L. 2008. Advances in modelling hysteretic water retention curve in deformable soils. Computers and Geotechnics, 35(6): 835–844. [CrossRef]
- Mašín, D. 2010. Predicting the dependency of a degree of saturation on void ratio and suction using effective stress principle for unsaturated soils. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 34(1): 73–90.
- Romero, E., Della Vecchia, G., and Jommi, C. 2011. An insight into the water retention properties of compacted clayey soils. Geotechnique, 61(4): 313–328. [CrossRef]
- Zhou, A.N., Sheng, D., and Carter, J.P. 2012. Modelling the effect of initial density on soil-water characteristic curves. Geotechnique, 62(8): 669–680. [CrossRef]
- Khalili, N., Habte, M.A., and Zargarbashi, S. 2008. A fully coupled flow deformation model for cyclic analysis of unsaturated soils including hydraulic and mechanical hystereses. Computers and Geotechnics, 35(6): 872–889. [CrossRef]
- Bishop A.W. 1959. The principle of effective stress. Teknisk Ukeblad; 106(39):859–863.
- Bishop, A.W., and Blight, G. 1963. Some aspects of effective stress in saturated and partly saturated soils. Geotechnique, 13(3): 177–197. [CrossRef]
- Hassanizadeh, S.M., and Gray, W.G. 1990. Mechanics and thermodynamics of multiphase flow in porous media including interphase boundaries. Advances in Water Resources, 13(4): 169–186. [CrossRef]
- Houlsby, G.T. 1997. The work input to an unsaturated granular material. Geotechnique, 47(1): 193–196. [CrossRef]
- Borja, R.I. 2006. On the mechanical energy and effective stress in saturated and unsaturated porous continua. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 43(6): 1764–1786. [CrossRef]
- Likos, W.J. 2014. Effective stress in unsaturated soil: Accounting for surface tension and interfacial area. Vadose Zone Journal, 13(5).
- Khalili, N., and Khabbaz, M.H. 1998. A unique relationship for χ for the determination of the shear strength of unsaturated soils. Geotechnique, 48(5): 681–687. [CrossRef]
- Russell, A.R., and Khalili, N. 2006. A unified bounding surface plasticity model for unsaturated soils. International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 30(3): 181–212. [CrossRef]
- Khalili, N., and Zargarbashi, S. 2010. Influence of hydraulic hysteresis on effective stress in unsaturated soils. Geotechnique, 60(9): 729–734. [CrossRef]
- Pasha, A.Y., Khoshghalb, A., and Khalili, N. 2015. Analytical model for the evolution of soil water characteristic curve with void ratio including hydraulic hysteresis - Journal of Engineering Mechanics - under review.
- Romero, E. 1999. Characterisation and thermo-hydro-mechanical behavior of unsaturated Boom clay: An experimental study. PhD thesis, Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain.
- Sun, D.A., and Sun, W.J. Elastoplastic modelling of hydraulic and mechanical behaviour of expansive soils. In Unsaturated Soils - Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Unsaturated Soils2011, pp. 973–978.
- Sun, D.A., Sun, W.J., and Yan, W. Hydraulic and mechanical behaviour of sand-bentonite mixture. In Proceeding of International Symposium on Unsaturated Soil Mechanics and Deep Geological Nuclear Waste Disposal, Shanghai. 24–25 Aug. 2009, pp. 90–97.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.