E3S Web Conf.
Volume 89, 2019The 2018 International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts (SCA 2018)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Displacement Mechanisms / EOR|
|Published online||29 March 2019|
- IPCC. Special Report on Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage. In: Metz, B., Davidson, O., de Coninck, H.C., Loos, M., Meyer, L.A. (Eds.). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK and New York, NY, USA, Chapter 5, pp. 195–276. 2005. [Google Scholar]
- N. Muller, R. Qi, E. Mackie, K. Pruess and M.J. Blunt, “CO2 injection impairment due to halite precipitation”. Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, 1, 3507–14 (2009). [Google Scholar]
- K. Pruess and N. Muller, “Formation dry-out from CO2 injection into saline aquifers: Part 1, Effects of solids precipitation and their mitigation”. Internal Report- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, (2009) http://escholarshiporg/uc/item/9p44q7x3,. [Google Scholar]
- H. Ott, S.M. Roels and K. de Kloe, “Salt precipitation due to supercritical gas injection: I. Capillary-driven flow in unimodal sandstone”. Int J Greenh Gas Control, 43, 247–55 (2015). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- J. Jeddizahed and B. Rostami, “Experimental investigation of injectivity alteration due to salt precipitation during CO2 sequestration in saline aquifers”. Advances in Water Resources, 96, 23–33 (2016). [Google Scholar]
- Svec RK, & Grigg RB. “Physical effects of WAG fluids on carbonate core plugs. SPE-71496-MS,” In SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition New Orleans, Louisiana 30 September-3 October, 2001. [Google Scholar]
- I.M. Mohamed and H.A. Nasr-El-Din, “Fluid/Rock Interactions During CO2 Sequestration in Deep Saline Carbonate Aquifers: Laboratory and Modeling Studies”. SPE Journal, 18, 468–85 (2013). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Q. Xie, A. Saeedi, C. Delle Piane, L. Esteban and P.V. Brady, “Fines migration during CO2 injection: Experimental results interpreted using surface forces”. Int J Greenh Gas Control, 65, 32–9 (2017). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Izgec O, Demiral B, Bertin HJ, Akin S. “Experimental and numerical modeling of direct injection of CO2 into carbonate formations. SPE-100809-MS,” In SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 24-27 September, 2006. [Google Scholar]
- Mohamed IM, He J, Nasr-El-Din HA. “Permeability change during CO2 injection in carbonate rock: A coreflodd study. SPE-140943”, In SPE Production and Operations Symposium, Oklahoma city, Oklahoma, March 27–29, 2011. [Google Scholar]
- El Hajj H, Odi U, Gupta A. “Carbonate reservoir interaction with supercritical carbon dioxide”, In International Petroleum Technology Conference, Beijing, China 26–28 March, 2013. [Google Scholar]
- M. Khather, A. Saeedi, R. Rezaee, R.R.P. Noble and D. Gray, “Experimental investigation of changes in petrophysical properties during CO2 injection into dolomite-rich rocks”. Int J Greenh Gas Control, 59, 74–90 (2017). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A. Saeedi, R. Rezaee, B. Evans and B. Clennell, “Multiphase flow behaviour during CO2 geo-sequestration: Emphasis on the effect of cyclic CO2-brine flooding”. J Petrol Sci Eng, 79, 65–85 (2011). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Khather, A. Saeedi, R. Rezaee and R.R.P. Noble, “Experimental evaluation of carbonated brine-limestone interactions under reservoir conditions-emphasis on the effect of core scale heterogeneities”. Int J Greenh Gas Control, 68, 128–45 (2018). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Saeedi A. Experimental study of multiphase flow in porous media during CO2 geo-sequestration processes, Springer Theses. Recognizing outstanding Ph.D Research, Kensington, (2012), [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- C. McPhee, J. Reed and I. Zubizarreta, Core Analysis: A Best Practice Guide, Elsevier, 852 (2015). [Google Scholar]
- Gabriel GA, & Inamdar GR. “An experimental investigation of fines migration in porous media, SPE-12168-MS”, In SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, San Francisco, California, 5–8 October, 1983. [Google Scholar]
- Amaerule JO, Kersey DG, Norman DK, Shannon PM “Advances in formation damage assessment and control strategies, PETSOC-88-39-65”, In Annual Technical Meeting, Calgary, Alberta, 12–16 June, 1988. [Google Scholar]
- A.L. Leone and E.M. Scott, “Characterization and control of formation damage during waterflooding of a high-clay-content reservoir”. SPE Reservoir Engineering Journal, 1279–86 (1988). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Miranda RM, & Underdown DR. “Laboratory measurement of critical rate: A novel approach for quantifying fines migration problems, SPE-25432”, In Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Oklahoma, 21–23 March, 1993. [Google Scholar]
- A. Hassani, S.A. Mortazavi and J. Gholinezhad, A new practical method for determination of critical flow rate in Fahliyan carbonate reservoir. J Petrol Sci Eng, 115, 50–6 (2014). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Coates GR, Xiao L, Prammer MG. NMR logging principles and applications, Halliburton Energy Services, Division of Halliburton Co Houston, United States, (1999), 234. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.