E3S Web of Conferences
Volume 1, 2013Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Section||Remediation and Phyto-Remediation II: Plants|
|Published online||23 April 2013|
- Baker AJM, Brooks RR. Terrestrial higher plants which hyperaccumulate metallic elements- a review of their distribution, ecology and phytochemistry. Biorecovery 1989; 1: 81–126. [Google Scholar]
- Directive 2000/60/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000 establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy. OJ L 327, 2000, 1–73. [Google Scholar]
- Forni C, Nicolai MA, D’Egidio MG. ‘Potential of the small aquatic plants Azolla and Lemna for nitrogenous compounds removal from wastewater’, in C. A. Trebbia (ed.), Water Pollution VI. Modeling, Measuring and Prediction, WIT Press, Southampton, Boston, U.S.A., 2001; pp. 315–324. [Google Scholar]
- Harris J , McCartor A, Fuller R, Ericson B, Caravanos J, Hanrahan D, Keith J, Becker D. The Top Ten of the Toxic Twenty The World’s Worst Toxic Pollution Problems Report. Blacksmith Institute and Green Cross Switzerland. Online at www.worstpolluted.org 2011, pp. 1-76. [Google Scholar]
- Hunt R. Plant growth analysis. Studies in biology. London: Edward Arnold. 1978; p. 67. [Google Scholar]
- Khellaf N, Zerdaoui M. Growth response of the duckweed Lemna minor to heavy metal pollution. Iran. J. Environ. Health. Sci. Eng. 2009; 6 (3): 161–166. [Google Scholar]
- Lux A, Šottníková A, Opatrná J, Greger M. Differences in structure of adventitious roots in Salix clones with contrasting characteristics of cadmium accumulation and sensitivity. Physiologia Plantarum 2004; 120: 537–545. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Pietrini F, Iannelli MA, Montanari R, Bianconi D, Massacci A. Cadmium interaction with thiols and photosynthesis in higher plants. In A. Hemantaranjan (Ed.), Advances in plant physiology Jodhpur, India: Scientific Publishers 2005; pp. 313–326. [Google Scholar]
- Rahmani GNH, Stenberg SPK. Bioremoval of lead from water using Lemna minor. Bioresource technology 1999; 70: 225–230. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Prasad MNV, Freitas H, Fraenzle S, Wuenschmann S, Markert B. Knowledge explosion in phytotechnologies for environmnetal solutions. Environmental Pollution 2010; 158: 18–23. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Rascio N, Navari-Izzo F. Heavy metal hyperaccumulating plants: How and why do they do it? And what makes them so interesting? Plant Science 2010; 180: 169–181. [Google Scholar]
- Uysal Y, Taner F. The effect of cadmium ions on the growth rate of the freshwater macrophyte duckweed Lemna minor. Ekoloji, 2007; 62: 9–15. [Google Scholar]
- Zayed A, Gowthaman S, Terry N. Phytoaccumulation of trace elements by wetland plants: I. Duckweed. J Environ. Qual. 1998; 27: 715–721. [Google Scholar]
- Zhang J, Chen J, Hu Y, Mo Y. Effects of cadmium stress on photosynthetic function of leaves of Lemna minor L. Journal of Agro-Environment Science 2007; 6: 2027–2032. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.