E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Advances in Experimental Methods: Hydraulic Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- A. Tsiampousi, L. Zdravkovic, and D.M. Potts, A three-dimensional hysteretic soil-water retention curve. Geotechnique, (2013). 63(2): p. 155. [CrossRef]
- D. Gallipoli, S.J. Wheeler, and M. Karstunen, Modelling the variation of degree of saturation in a deformable unsaturated soil. Geotechnique, (2003). 53(1): p. 105. [CrossRef]
- A.M. Ridley, K. Dineen, J.B. Burland, and P.R. Vaughan Soil matrix suction: some examples of its measurement and application in geotechnical engineering. Géotechnique, (2003). 53, 241–253. [CrossRef]
- N. Lu and W.J. Likos, Unsaturated Soil Mechanics. (2004), Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- J.W. Hilf, An investigation of Pore-Water pressure in compacted cohesive soils. (1956), Thesis, University of Colorado.
- P. Delage, M.D. Howat, and Y.J. Cui, The relationship between suction and swelling properties in a heavily compacted unsaturated clay. Eng.Geol., (1998). 50(1-2): p. 31. [CrossRef]
- K. Dineen, The influence of soil suction on compressibility and swelling. (1997), PH.D Thesis, Imperial College.
- R. Monroy, A. Ridley, K. Dineen, and L. Zdravkovic, The suitability of the osmotic technique for the long-term testing of partly saturated soils. Geotechnical Testing Journal, (2007). 30 (3): p. 220.
- P. Delage, E. Romero, and A. Tarantino, Recent developments in the techniques of controlling and measuring suction in unsaturated soils. Unsaturated Soils: Advances in Geo-Engineering, (2008): p. 33–52.
- M.V. Villar. Reseacrcher. (Personal communication, September 2013)
- A. Kirkham, Novel experimental technique for the measurement of hydraulic properties of geomaterials. (2015), MEng Dissertation, Imperial College London.
- K. Al Haj, Mechanical response of two plastic clay soils from Sudan. (2014), Ph.D Thesis, Imperial College London.
- R.J. Chandler and C.I. Gutierrez, Filter-paper method of suction measurement. Geotechnique, (1986). 36 (2): p. 265–268. [CrossRef]
- R. Monroy, The influence of load and suction changes on the volumetric behaviour of compacted London clay. (2006), Ph.D Thesis, Faculty of Engineering Imperial College London.
- British Standards Institute, BS 1377-2:1990 Methods of test for soils for civil engineering purposes. Classification tests. (1990), British Standards Institute: London.
- M. Mavroulidou, Z. Xiwei, M.J. Gunn, and Z. Cabarkapa, Water Retention and Compressibility of a Lime-Treated, High Plasticity Clay. Geotech.Geol.Eng., (2013). 31 (4): p. 1171–85. [CrossRef]
- R. Fawcett and N. Collis-George, A filter-paper method for determining the moisture characteristics of soil. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture, (1967). 7 (25): p. 162–167. [CrossRef]
- W.J. Likos and N. Lu, Automated humidity system for measuring total suction characteristics of clay. Geotechnical Testing Journal, (2003). 26 (2): p. 179–190.
- A. Kokkinou, Investigation of soil water retention curves of compacted clays. (2014), MSc Dissertation, Imperial College London.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.