E3S Web Conf.
Volume 40, 2018River Flow 2018 - Ninth International Conference on Fluvial Hydraulics
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Sediment and pollutant dynamics in rivers|
|Published online||05 September 2018|
- K. Bedeus, L. Ivicsics, Observation of the noise of bed load. General Assembly, Commission on Hydrometry, International Association of Hydrological Sciences, Berkeley, CA, USA: 19-31 (1963) [Google Scholar]
- C.K. Jonys, Acoustic measurement of sediment transport. Scientific Series: 64 (1976) [Google Scholar]
- P.D. Thorne, The measurement of acoustic noise generated by moving artificial sediments, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 78: 1013-1023 (1985) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P.D. Thorne, Laboratory and marine measurements on the acoustic detection of sediment transport, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 80: 899-910. DOI: 10.1121/1.393913 (1986) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P.D. Thorne, D. Foden, Generation of underwater sound by colliding spheres, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 84: 2144-2152 (1988) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Mason, D. Priestley, D.E. Reeve, Monitoring near-shore shingle transport under waves using a passive acoustic technique. J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 122: 737-746 (2007) [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- C. Bassett, J. Thomson, B. Polagye, Sediment-generated noise and bed stress in a tidal channel. J. Geophys. Res-Oceans 118: 2249-2265 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M.D. Marineau, S.A. Wright, D. Gaeuman, Calibration of sediment-generated noise measured using hydrophones to bedload transport in the Trinity River, California, USA. Proc. of River Flow conference : 519-1526 (2016) [Google Scholar]
- T. Geay, P. Belleudy, C. Gervaise, H. Habersack, J. Aigner, A. Kreisler, H. Seitz, J.B. Laronne, Passive acoustic monitoring of bed load discharge in a large gravel bed river. J. Geophy. Res-Earth 122: 528-545 (2017) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Petrut, T. Geay, C. Gervaise, P. Belleudy, S. Zanker, Passive Acoustic Measurement of Bedload Grain Size Distribution using the Self-Generated Noise. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sc. 22: 767-787 (2018) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D. Tonolla, M.S. Lorang, K. Heutschi, K. Tockner, A flume experiment to examine underwater sound generation by flowing water. Aquat. Sci. 71: 449-462. (2009) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D. Tonolla; V. Acuña, M.S. Lorang, K. Heutschi, K. Tockner, A field-based investigation to examine underwater soundscapes of five common river habitats. Hydrol. Process. 24: 3146-3156 (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Wren, B.T. Goodwiller, J.R. Rigby, W.O. Carpenter, R.A. Kuhnle, J.P. Chambers, Sediment-Generated Noise (SGN): laboratory determination of measurement volume, Proc. of the 3rd Joint Federal Interagency Conference (10th Federal Interagency Sedimentation Conference and 5th Federal Interagency Hydrologic Modeling Conference), April 19 - 23, 2015, Reno, Nevada. D: 408-413 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- J.R. Rigby, D. Wren, N. Murray, Acoustic signal propagation and measurement in natural stream channels for application to surrogate bed load measurements: Halfmoon Creek, Colorado. Proc. of River Flow conference : 1566-1570 (2016) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.