E3S Web Conf.
Volume 89, 2019The 2018 International Symposium of the Society of Core Analysts (SCA 2018)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Section||Pore Scale Imaging and Modeling|
|Published online||29 March 2019|
- G.E. Archie, The electrical resistivity log as an aid in determining some reservoir characteristics: Trans. American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, 146, 54–62 (1942). [Google Scholar]
- B.F. Swanson, Microporosity in reservoir rocks—its measurement and influence on electrical resistivity. Log Analyst, 26, 42–52 (1985). [Google Scholar]
- J.R. Dixon and B.F. Marek, The Effect of Bimodal-Pore Size Distribution on Electrical Properties of Some Middle Eastern Limestones, SPE-20601-MS., SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Society of Petroleum Engineers (1990). [Google Scholar]
- P.N. Sen, Resistivity of partially saturated carbonate rocks with microporosity. Geophysics, 62, 415–425 (1997). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Fleury, Society of Core Analysts Resistivity in Carbonates: New Insights Monterey, USA, (2002) SCA2002-28. [Google Scholar]
- Padhy G.S., Ioannidis M.A., Lemaire C. and Conigloi M., Society of Core Analysts, Measurement and Interpretation of Non-Archie Resistivity Behavior in Model and Real Vuggy Carbonates, Trondheim, Norway, (2006)SCA2006-11. [Google Scholar]
- Han M., Fleury M. and Levitz P., Society of Core Analysts, Effect of the Pore Structure on Resistivity Index Curves, Calgary, Canada, (2007)SCA2007-34. [Google Scholar]
- G. Ballay and N. Suarez, Archie’s “n” Exponent: The rest of the story. GeoNeurale (The Society for the Geosciences applications of Geostatistics and Neural Networks) (2012). [Google Scholar]
- V.K. Bust, J.U. Oletu and P.F. Worthington, The Challenges for Carbonate Petrophysics in Petroleum Resource Estimation. Society of Petroleum Engineers, (2011). doi:10.2118/142819-PA. [Google Scholar]
- F. Pairoys,Al-Zoukani A. and Akbar M., Electrical Response of a Vuggy Rock Model at Different Frequencies, SPE Saudi Arabia Section Technical Symposium and ExhibitionAlKhobar, Saudi Arabia, 8-11 April 2012, (2012) SPE-160859. [Google Scholar]
- E.J. Garboczi, Finite element and finite difference programs for computing the linear electric and linear elastic properties of digital images of random materials. Tech. rep., NIST Internal Report 6269 (1998) http://ciks.cbt.nist.gov/monograph (Part II, Chapter 2). [Google Scholar]
- C.H. Arns, M.A. Knackstedt, W.V. Pinczewski and W.B. Lindquist, Accurate computation of transport properties from microtomographic images. Geophysical Research Letters, 28, 3361–3364 (2001). [Google Scholar]
- C.H. Arns, F. Bauget, A. Ghous, A. Sakellariou, T.J. Senden, A.P. Sheppard, R.M. Sok, W.V. Pinczewski, J. Kelly and M.A. Knackstedt, Digital core laboratory: Petrophysical analysis from 3D imaging of reservoir core fragments. Petrophysics, 46(4), 260–277 (2005a). [Google Scholar]
- C.H. Arns, F. Bauget, A. Limaye, A. Sakellariou, T.J. Senden, A.P. Sheppard, R.M. Sok, W.V. Pinczewski, S. Bakke, L.I. Berge, P.E. Oren and M.A. Knackstedt, Pore scale characterization of carbonates using micro X-ray CT. SPE Journal, 475–484 (2005b). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- C.H. Arns, M.A. Knackstedt and N.S. Martys, Cross-property correlations and permeability estimation in sandstone. Physical Review E, 72, 046304 (2005c). [Google Scholar]
- M. Hilpert and C.T. Miller, Pore-morphology based simulation of drainage in totally wetting porous media. Advances in Water Resources, 24, 243–255 (2001). [Google Scholar]
- M.A. Knackstedt, C.H. Arns, A.P. Sheppard, T.J. Senden, R.M. Sok, Y. Cinar, A.O. Olafufi, W.V. Pinczewski, G.S. Padhy and M. Ioannidis, Society of Core Analysts, Pore scale analysis of electrical resistivity in complex core material: Calgary, Canada (2007a). [Google Scholar]
- M.A. Knackstedt, C.H. Arns, A.P. Sheppard, T.J. Senden, R.M. Sok, Y. Cinar, W.V. Pinczewski, M. Ioannidis and G.S. Padhy, Archie’s exponents in complex lithologies derived from 3D digital core analysis. Trans., SPWLA 48th Annual Logging Symposium, paper, UU, 1–16 (2007b). [Google Scholar]
- M. Kumar, T.J. Senden, A.P. Sheppard, C.H. Arns and M.A. Knackstedt, Probing Archie’s Exponent under Variable Saturation Conditions. Petrophysics, 52, 124–134 (2011). [Google Scholar]
- S. Yanici, J.-Y. Arns, Y. Cinar, W.V. Pinczewski and C.H. Arns, Percolation Effects of Grain Contacts in Partially Saturated Sandstones: Deviations from Archie’s Law. Transport in Porous Media, 96, 457–467 (2013). [Google Scholar]
- M.F. Farid, J.-Y. Arns, W.V. Pinczewski and C.H. Arns, Experimental and Numerical Investigation on Stress Dependence of Sandstone Electrical Properties and Deviations from Archie’s Law. In SPE: Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, SPE-181484-MS., Society of Petroleum Engineers (2016). [Google Scholar]
- S. Bauer, S. Youssef, M. Han, S. Bekri, E. Rosenberg, M. Fleury and O. Vizika, From computed microtomography images to resistivity index calculations of heterogeneous carbonates using a dual-porosity pore-network approach: Influence of percolation on the electrical transport properties: Phys. Rev. E, 84(011133), 1–12 (2011). [Google Scholar]
- N.I. SayedAkram, I. Shikhov, J.Y. Arns and C.H. Arns, Micro-CT Assisted Interpretation of NMR Responses of Heterogeneous Mixed-Wet Carbonate. Rock. SPWLA 57th Annual Logging Symposium, paper 2016-QQQ (2016). [Google Scholar]
- W.M. Hensel, M.M. Honarpour, E.S. Sprunt and C.E. York, Compilation Of Electrical Resistivity Measurements performed by Twenty-five Laboratories. The Log Analyst, 29(01), (1988). [Google Scholar]
- A.P. Sheppard, R.M. Sok and H. Averdunk, Techniques for image enhancement and segmentation of tomographic images of porous materials. Physica A, 339, 145–151 (2004). [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.