E3S Web Conf.
Volume 202, 2020The 5th International Conference on Energy, Environmental and Information System (ICENIS 2020)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Section||Pollution and Waste Management|
|Published online||10 November 2020|
- Indonesian Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH)-USAID. Supporting Semarang Equity to Access to Water and Sanitation, (online), 2013, Available on https://www.iuwashplus.or.id/cms/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Profil-Program-Kota-Semarang-ID.pdf, accessed 24 September 2013) [Google Scholar]
- B. Budiyono, P Ginandjar, L.D. Saraswati, D.R. Pangestuti, Martini, S.P. Jati, Z. Rahfiludin. Risk assessment of drinking water supply system in the tidal inundation area of Semarang - Indonesia. Procedia Environmental Sciences. 23, 93–98 (2015). doi: 10.1016/j.proenv.2015.01.014 [Google Scholar]
- P. Fattahi, A. Kherikhah, R. Sadeghian, S. Zandib, S. Fayyaz. An evaluation model for measuring customer satisfaction levels in a water supply domain: case study – water supply in Hamedan. Water Policy 13, 490–505 (2011). doi:10.2166/wp.2010.123 [Google Scholar]
- WHO. Guidelines for drinking-water quality - 4th ed. WHO Press, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland. Pp 83-86 (2011). [Google Scholar]
- K.P. Jayaramu, K.B. Manoj, R.K. Prasanna. Customer Satisfaction with Domestic Water Supply in India – A Study in Hubli city. Journal of Environment and Earth Science. Vol.4, No.9 (2014). https://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEES [Google Scholar]
- Ministry of Administrative Reform. Decree of the Minister of Administrative Reform Number: Kep/25/M.PAN/2/2004 concerning General Guidelines for the Preparation of Community Satisfaction Indexes for Government Institution Service Units. [Google Scholar]
- E.A. Donkor. Effect of customer satisfaction on water utility business performance. Journal-American Water Works Association. 105 (10): E553-E560 (2013). http://dx.doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2013.105.0114 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- J. Noga and G. Wolbring. Perceptions of Water Ownership, Water Management, and the Responsibility of Providing Clean Water. Water 5, 1865-1889 (2013). doi:10.3390/w5041865 [Google Scholar]
- V.R. Shinde, N. Hirayama, S. Itoh. Development of evaluation model for consumers’ satisfaction of water supply service. www.witpress.com, ISSN 1743-3541 (on-line) WIT Transactions on Ecology and The Environment, Vol 178, 215-223 (2014) WIT Press. doi:10.2495/WS130181 [Google Scholar]
- J. Bartram, L. Corrales, A. Davison, D. Deere, D. Drury, B. Gordon, G. Howard, A. Rinehold, M. Stevens. Water safety plan manual: step-by-step risk management for drinking-water suppliers. World Health Organization, Geneva, (2009) [Google Scholar]
- WHO. Guidelines for drinking-water quality [electronic resource]: incorporating 1st and 2nd addenda, Vol.1,Recommendations.– 3rd ed (2008). [Google Scholar]
- A. Qazi, Tamjidyamcholo A, Raj RG, Hardaker G, Standing C. Assessing consumers' satisfaction and expectations through online opinions: Expectation and disconfirmation approach. Computers in Human Behavior 75,450-460 (2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2017.05.025 [Google Scholar]
- P. Kotler and K.L. Keller. Marketing Management. Pearson Education, Inc., publishing as Prentice Hall,One Lake Street, Upper Saddle River,New Jersey 07458 (2012). P 10 [Google Scholar]
- K. Hormann. Consumer Satisfaction with Water, Wastewater and Waste Services in Portugal. Nova School of Business and Economics. Campus de Campolide, P-1099-032 (2016) Lisboa, Portugal [Google Scholar]
- T. Joko and N.A.Y. Dewanti. Survey of Drinking Water and Sanitation in Local Government Semarang, Salatiga, Kendal and Pekalongan District. International SAMANM Journal of Finance and Accounting. vol. 4, No. 1.:1-12 (2016). https://www.srpublishers.org/uploads/4/3/6/9/43696183 [Google Scholar]
- E. Suhartono, P. Purwanto, and S. Suripin. Conditions of Sea Water Intrusion Against Ground Water in Aquifers in the City of Semarang. Proceedings of the National Seminar on Management of Natural Resources and the Environment, 2013. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328316422_Prosiding_Seminar_Nasional_Pe ngelolaan_Sumberdaya_Alam_dan_Lingkungan_Semarang [Google Scholar]
- B. Budiyono, P. Ginandjar, L.D. Saraswati, D.R. Pangestuti, Martini, S.P. Jati. Implementation of Water Safety Plans (WSPs): A Case Study in the Coastal Area in Semarang City, Indonesia. (2018) IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 116 012029:1-13 [Google Scholar]
- L. Wang, L. Zhang, J. Lv, Y. Zhang, B. Ye. Public Awareness of Drinking Water Safety and Contamination Accidents: A Case Study in Hainan Province, China. Water, 10, 446:1-15 (2018). doi:10.3390/w10040446 [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- A.V. Kulinkina, J.D. Plummer, K.K.H. Chui, K.C. Kosinski, T. Adomako-Adjei, A.I. Egorov, E.N. Naumova. Physicochemical parameters affecting the perception of borehole water quality in Ghana. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health. 220, 990–997 (2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheh.2017.05.008 [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- WHO. Water Safety in Distribution Systems. WHO Press, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland. Pp 14-18 (2014) [Google Scholar]
- K.N. Zeraebruka, A.O. Mayabib, J.M. Gathenyac, Z. Tsiged. Assessment of Level and Quality of Water Supply Service Delivery for Development of Decision Support Tools: Case Study Asmara Water Supply. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). Volume 14, No 1, pp 93-107 (2014). http://gssrr.org/index.php?journal=JournalOfBasicAndApplied [Google Scholar]
- C.M. Chini and A.S. Stillwell. The state of U.S. urban water: Data and the energy-water nexus. Water Resources Research, 54, 1796–1811 (2018). https://doi. org/10.1002/2017WR022265 [Google Scholar]
- A.J. Whelton, A.M. Dietrich, D.L. Gallagher, J.A. Roberson. Using Customer Feedback for Improved Water Quality and Infrastructure Monitoring. Journal AWWA. 99 (11):62-76 (2007). DOI: 10.1002/j.1551-8833.2007.tb08081.x [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.