E3S Web Conf.
Volume 205, 20202nd International Conference on Energy Geotechnics (ICEGT 2020)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Properties of Geomaterials|
|Published online||18 November 2020|
- Chilingarian, G.V. and Knight, L. Relationship between pressure and moisture content of kaolinite, illite and montmorillonite clays. AAPG Bulletin, 44(1): 101-106. (1960) [Google Scholar]
- Chenevert, M.E. Shale alteration by water adsorption. Jornal of Petroleum Technology: 1141-1147 (1970) [Google Scholar]
- O’Brien, D.E. and Chenevert, M.E. Stabilizing sensitive shales with inhibited potassium-based drilling fluids. Jornal of Petroleum Technology: September p. 1089 (1973) [Google Scholar]
- Likos, W.J. and Lu, N. Water vapor sorption behavior of smectite-kaolinite mixtures. Clays and Clay Minerals, 50(5): 553-561 (2002) [Google Scholar]
- Likos, W.J. and Lu, N. Pore-scale analysis of bulk volume change from crystalline interlayer swelling in Na- and Ca-Smectite. Clays and Clay Minerals, 54(4): 515-528 (2006) [Google Scholar]
- Ewy, R.T. and Stankovic, R.J. Shale swelling, osmosis, and acoustic changes measured under simulated downhole conditions. SPE Drilling and Completions, 25(2): 177-186 (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Ferrage, E., Lanson, B., Michot, L.J. and Robert, J.-L. Hydration Properties and Interlayer Organization of Water and Ions in Synthetic Na-Smectite with Tetrahedral Layer Charge. Part 1. Results from X-ray Diffraction Profile Modeling. Journal of Physical Chemistry, 114: 4515-4526 (2010) [Google Scholar]
- Ferrage, E. Investigation of the interlayer organization of water and ions in smectite from the combined use of diffraction experiments and molecular simulations. A review of methodology, applications, and perspectives. Clays and Clay Minerals, 64(4): 348-373 (2016) [Google Scholar]
- Moore, D.M. and Hower, J. Ordered interstratification of dehydrated and hydrated Na-Smectite. Clays and Clay Minerals, 34: 379-384 (1986) [Google Scholar]
- Sato, T., Wantanabe, T. and Otsuka, R. Effects of layer charge, charge location, and energy change on expansion properties of dioctahedral smectites. Clays and Clay Minerals, 40: 103-113 (1992) [Google Scholar]
- Drits, V.A. and Sakharov, B.A. X-ray structure analysis of interstratified minerals, Nauka, Moscow, 225 p., 1976 (in Russian) (1976) [Google Scholar]
- Sakharov, B.A., Lindgreen, H., Salyn, H. and Drits, V.A. Determination of illite-smectite structures using multispecimen X-ray profile fitting. Clays and Clay Minerals, 47: 555-566 (1999) [Google Scholar]
- Day-Stirrat, R. J., Bryndzia, L.T., Schleicher, A. M., Adriaens, R., Hofmann, R., and Fleming, P.B. Hydration behavior by X-ray diffraction profile fitting of smectite-bearing minerals in a Plio-Pleistocene mudrock from Eugene Island, Gulf of Mexico. Marine and Petroleum Geology v102, p.86-100 (2019) [Google Scholar]
- Casey, B., Germaine, J.T., Flemings, P.B., Reece, J.S., Gao, B. and Betts, W. Liquid limit as a predictor of mudrock permeability. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 44: 256-263 (2013) [Google Scholar]
- Adams, A. Permeability anisotropy and resistivity anisotropy of mechanically compressed mudrocks, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 322 pp (2014) [Google Scholar]
- Fahy, B. The influence of salinity on the mechanical behavior of high plasticity soils, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 238 pp (2014) [Google Scholar]
- Jackson, M.L. Soil Chemistry Analysis Advanced Course. Published by Author (1974) [Google Scholar]
- Moore, D.M. and Reynolds, R.C.J. X-ray diffraction and the identification and analysis of clay minerals. Oxford University Press, Oxford, New York (1997) [Google Scholar]
- Schleicher, A.M., Boles, A. and Van der Pluijm, B. Response of natural smectite to seismogenic heating and potential implications for the 2011 Tohoku earthquake in the Japan Trench. Geology, 43(9): 755-758 (2011) [Google Scholar]
- Krushin, J.T. Quantifying shale pore pressure by modeling the controls on compaction and porosity. Interpretation, 2(1): SB79-SB88 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Casey, B. The Consolidation and Strength Behavior of Mechanically Compressed Fine-Grained Sediments. MIT PhD Thesis Cambridge, MA, USA (2014) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.