E3S Web Conf.
Volume 9, 20163rd European Conference on Unsaturated Soils – “E-UNSAT 2016”
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Water Retention Properties|
|Published online||12 September 2016|
- P.N. Hughes, S. Glendinning, J. Mendes, G. Parkin, D.G. Toll, D. Gallipoli, P. Miller. 2009. Full-scale testing to assess climate effects on embankments. Special Issue of Engineering Sustainability: Proc. Ins. of C. Eng, 162,2, 67–79 (2009) [Google Scholar]
- S. Au. Rain-Induced Slope Instability in Hong Kong, Eng. Geo, 51, 1, 1–36 (1998) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P. Osinski, R.J. Rickson, M.J. Hann, E. Koda. Assessment of slope stability influenced by vegetation cover and additional loads applied. Ann. Warsaw Univ. of Life Sci. – SGGW, Land Reclam. 46,2, 81–91 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S.D.N. Lourenço. Suction Measurements and Water Retention in Unsaturated Soils, PhD Thesis, Durham University (2008) [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Fredlund, H. Rahardjo. Soil mechanics for unsaturated soils. New York: Wiley (1993) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- J. Mendes. Assessment of the impact of climate change on an instrumented embankment: an unsaturated soil mechanics approach. PhD Thesis, Durham University (2011) [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Fredlund. Use of the soil-water characteristic curve in the implementation of unsaturated soil mechanics. Proc. Third Int. Conf. on Unsaturated Soils, UNSAT 2002, Recife, Brazil. 3 (2002) [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Toll, M.S. Rahim, M. Karthikeyan, I. Tsaparas. Soil atmosphere interactions for analysing slopes in tropical soils, Proc. 14th Int. Conf. IACMAG, Kyoto Japan (eds. F. Oka, A. Murakami, R. Uzuoka), London: Taylor & Francis, 1333–1338 (2014) [Google Scholar]
- S.J. Wheeler, R.J. Sharma, M.S.R Buisson. Coupling of hydraulic hysteresis and stress–strain behaviour in unsaturated soils. Geotechnique 53, 1, 41–54 (2003) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- E. Koda, P. Osiński. Assessment of bio-mechanical reinforcement materials influencing slope stability, based on numerical analyses. Proc. of the 18th Int. Conf. on Soil Mech. and Geotech. Eng. Press des Pontes, Paris. 3, 2525–2528 (2013) [Google Scholar]
- Z. Skutnik, M. Biliniak. Suction controlled triaxial testing of unsaturated medium sand and sandy clay. Ann. Warsaw Univ. of Life Sci. – SGGW, Land Reclam. 46, 4, 301–307 (2014). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P.N. Hughes, S. Glendinning, D.G. Toll. Report on the design and construction of the BIONICS embankment. University of Newcastle upon Tyne – Durham University (2005) [Google Scholar]
- British Standard Institute, BS 1377: Methods of test for Soils of civil engineering purposes. Part 1-4, BSI, Milton Keynes (1990) [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Toll. A data acquisition and control system for geotechnical testing, in Computing Developments in Civil and Structural Engineering (eds. B. Kumarand B.H.V. Topping), Edinburgh: Civil-Comp Press, 237–242 (1999) [Google Scholar]
- S.D.N. Lourenço, D. Gallipoli, D.G. Toll, C.E. Augarde, F.A. Evans. A new procedure for the determination of the Soil Water Retention Curves by continuous drying using high suction tensiometers. Can. Geo. J., 48, 2, 327–335 (2011) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A.M. Ridley, J.B. Burland. A new instrument for the measurement of soil moisture suction. Geotechnique 43, 2, 321–324 (1993) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A. Tarantino, L. Mongiovì. Calibration of tensiometer for direct measurement of matric suction Geotechnique, 53, 1, 137–141 (2003) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Toll, S.D.N. Lourenço, J. Mendes. Advances in suction measurements using high suction tensiometers, Eng. Geo, 165, 29–37 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.G. Toll, J.D. Asquith, A. Fraser, A.A. Hassan, G. Liu, S.D.N. Lourenço, J. Mendes, T. Noguchi, P. Osinski, R.A. Stirling, Tensiometer techniques for determining soil water retention curves. Proc. 6th Asia-Pacific Conference on Unsaturated Soil. Guilin, China. London: Taylor & Francis (2015). [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.