E3S Web Conf.
Volume 119, 2019Science and the Future 2 “Contradictions and Challenges”
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Published online||27 September 2019|
- United Nations. Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (2015) [Google Scholar]
- W.N. Adger, Social and Ecological Resilience: Are They Related?, Progress in Human Geography, 24, 347–364 (2000) [Google Scholar]
- K.W. Bultzer, Collapse, Environment and Society, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 109, 3632–3639 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A.B. Durning, Poverty and the Environment: Reversing the Downward Spiral, (WorldWatch Institute, Washington D.C., 1989) [Google Scholar]
- B. Fagan, The Great Warming - Climate Change and the Rise and Fall of Civilizations (Bloomsbury, New York, 2009) [Google Scholar]
- W.A. Fox, M. Renner, A.H. Westing, Environmental Degradation as Both a Consequence and Cause of Armed Conflict, Environmental Awareness, 25/1, 5 (2002) [Google Scholar]
- H. Gee. Treeless at Easter, Nature, (7007) 443–6 (September 23, 2004) [Google Scholar]
- T.F. Homer Dixon, 1999. Environment, Scarcity, and Violence, (Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1999) [Google Scholar]
- S.M. Hsiang, K.C. Meng, M.A. Cane, Civil Conflicts Are Associated with the Global Climate, Nature, 477, 438–441 (2011) [Google Scholar]
- International Organization for Migration (IOM), The Relationship between Environmentally-Induced Population Displacements and Environmental Impacts, (1996 Geneva) [Google Scholar]
- S. Mason, A. Muller, A. Schnabel, C. Schmid, Linking Environment and Conflict Prevention: The Role of the United Nations, (Center for Security Studies, ETH, Zurich, 2008) [Google Scholar]
- G. Mastrojeni, The Climate Challenge and the Value of Our Lands, Review of Environment, Energy and Economics (Re3), (November 2015) [Google Scholar]
- J.W. Mellor, J.W., The Intertwining of Environmental Problems and Poverty, Environment, 30/9, 8–30 (1998) [Google Scholar]
- C. Perrings, An Optimal Path to Extintion? Poverty and Resource Degradation in the Open Agrarian Economy, Journal of Development Economics, 30, 1–24 (1989) [Google Scholar]
- M. Renner, Fighting for Survival. Environmental Decline, Social Conflict, and the New Age of Insecurity, (Norton, New York, 1996). [Google Scholar]
- Human Development Report 2011 – Sustainability and Equity: A Better Future for All (UNDP, New York, 2011). [Google Scholar]
- From Conflict to Peacebuilding: The Role of Natural Resources and the Environment (UNEP, Nairobi, 2009). [Google Scholar]
- D.D. Zhang, P. Brecke, H.F. Lee, Y-Q. He, J.Zhang, J. Global Climate Change, War, and Population Decline in Recent Human History, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 104(49), 19214–19219 (2007) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.